LIVE from the woods 2016 Edition! - 7th Year, lets make this happen...

burmjohn

So yesterday was the 2nd time this week that I have kicked the same guy off my property in about the same spot. Yesterday after our conversation he ended with "I only have a few acres can you at least stay away from this area tomorrow it's my last day off for a week" said in a scream similar to a teenage girl. I'm on my way out the door to do some squirrel hunting along the property line and I have a whole box of shells with me:)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 8

Put in over 5 miles in the wet snow earlier. Found a lot of places the deer had been. Back home now with son in the tower out back. 6 sets tracks across front lawn and 3 in back lawn from last night. The majority headed into the woods out back so that's good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sitting in a huge pine tree kinda protected from the ice and rain that's starting to fall. Getting dark and very foggy.  Seems like lights out here soon but I have another hour I think.  All the snow melt today makes the creek nearby pretty loud.  Hoping a deer sneaks right up on me. 

Has anyone heard from Adkhunter1590 since entering the room and posting this ?:scare:

I'm here! The Gifford road poltergeist hasn't murdered me yet lol. I didn't make it to my haunted house today. Got out of work late and I slept right through my 2pm alarm for the afternoon hunt. But I will hopefully be out of work tmw morning early and have all day to hunt. Good luck all!
  • Like 1

Changed plans and went out late to what I'll call the corner buck stand. My lane way parallels the neighbors lane way but just 200 ft our side of the property line and theirs is10-20with trails leading off it here and there. I look up T the line when I'm get to g. To the end and there are all the deer hoping out of their beds on the property line going up her trails...Lol.I get to stand climb and there go  doe  and fawn out of the other neighbors pine plantation across the farmers field down into our gully....

Then I sit and over my shoulder see those deer in the sanctuary..filing past. Me at 80 yards on a trail above her lane way...15 doe and fawn then 3-5 mins later 3 buck two young and one big boy nose to the ground...Lol...I was the one that told them how to set that property up....it worked well for me until the farmers came in and c hanged everything...and they stopped hunting it regularly..Oh well she's keeping the smart ones alive...good thing we had meat left over from last year...and vacuum sealed...guys saw a few do at camp that's it.

7 minutes ago, cynthiafu said:

I can't take it no more I am going hunting tomorrow . Sitting around this house is driving me crazy. Reading about everyone hunting .I am going tomorrow. Wish me good luck.i need meat in the freezer. Good luck all

Good luck to you and your arm!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, cynthiafu said:

I can't take it no more I am going hunting tomorrow . Sitting around this house is driving me crazy. Reading about everyone hunting .I am going tomorrow. Wish me good luck.i need meat in the freezer. Good luck all

Good luck and be safe!

I miss being out ...been cooped up in our house all week with a bad back.  I appreciate this site and all our hunting fraternity.

You bring us right out on the stand with you- enjoy all the stories!  

Good luck everybody, be safe, and enjoy God's great creations, beautiful sunrises, sunsets and nature!

Jeff

• Like 5

Had a great time on my first ever hunt in souther tier didn't get to harvest any deer but seen six but they were all on the run not presenting a good shot. Me and my gang got tommorow to get it done. I can't thank stoneam 2006 and his dad enough for allowing us to come down and hunt with them while showing us around they have been very generous with there hospitality, the kind of people you hope to meet on a sight like this.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

• Like 11

I did a solo afternoon sit in 9A today. After the morning rain, conditions were quite pleasant. I even saw the sun peek out a bit. At about 3:50 I somehow notice a twitching ear about 70 yards directly in front of me. I take a closer look with my scope on 9x zoom. It was a deer, carefully assessing whether to come out from the sumac trees. I watched it for a good 5 minutes. No horns, so then I just had to decide if it was a big enough doe. It finally came out and presented me with a shot. In my rookie brain, it looked big enough. Then again, I still had my scope on 9X zoom. So I shot it. It went down immediately. Turned out to be a button buck. :sorry: Shot was in the lower neck area. I didn't see the entry wound at first. Had to flip it over. After considering my options, I am going to donate it the the Venison Donation Coalition. (I am too embarrassed to post a pic.) Still, it was nice to get out and amazed I saw its ear in the brush. Also got to meet my neighbor two properties over, which was nice.

• Like 8

Hhmmm.... on the computer this morning so this should make more sense than last nights post. Looks like today will be about the same temp. and winds as yesterday.  Thankfully with just snow and no rain...Not quite sure where I'll be going. I noticed a good amount of tracks past old faithful that occurred while I was in Rivers blind...wind is great for that stand. Then again, the corner buck stand has had deer all around it, just not on us.  Though they do cross that corner.

I don't know why but I've all but abandoned the middle of our place this year...something about hunting there has been tugging at me ,perhaps it's a sign...If I don't get a shot in the next day or so that is the place I'll have success. What I wouldn't give at a shot on a big old doe...That will be a trophy for me, It's interesting that I have been seeing so many at night and off property and they are all still with their fawns. The buck are chasing, the only single fawns I have seen are the triplets...and I was pretty sure that blood trail I found was from their Mom...even though the search turned up nothing, the blood told me she was dead somewhere by something.

Good luck to everyone and be safe today....