LIVE from the woods 2016 Edition! - 7th Year, lets make this happen...

burmjohn

Didn't see a thing this morning. Which is really weird for this field. I think that's the first time I've never seen at least one deer in this field in a morning.

After getting out we went and cut down our Xmas tree. Got that all setup in the house for the wife and kids to decorate while I hunt this afternoon. Wife also talked me in to a trip down to lowes for trim to finish off the new French doors I put in a few weeks ago. And then ended up buying 12 led recessed lights to replace the cfl ones in our kitchen. And then she talked me in to doing all the lights before I came out to hunt. Good thing they are easy and quick to install.

Hope to see at least something come by tonight. Should be getting to that magic time any moment now.

Mr B got home just as I was about to go out. I stayed and helped him unload the truck. The guys didn't see anything' but I have to say our last guest is a great cook! Generous guy too . Hope to see you at camp next year Steve..it's been awhile.  I did go take cards out and checked out a stand that over looks about a 1/3  of the neighbors sanctuary. I never sit that stand for they bust me each and every time. I built it years ago to beat the N/W winds over the clover plot..and that's always been a deer crossing...but that is lower and the sanctuary is high and the wind must hit that stand and drop right over the bedding..but it's great to sneak into on a calm day to glass the golden rod and all her trails...more of a  I just want to relax stand.

I'll be honest....I've pretty much given up..I can't beat the variables that changed this year' The changed farm fields..New hunters,the camp next doors son staying here 24/7...really he's gone through at least 3 boxes and no deer hanging, mind you no running water or septic,not even an out house. No electric hooked up,but they did put in a wood burning stove this year...I wonder how many carcasses.I'll find after season..

Anyways it completely changed all the movement here:rolleyes:

Edited by growalot

53 minutes ago, growalot said:

Mr B got home just as I was about to go out. I stayed and helped him unload the truck. The guys didn't see anything' but I have to say our last guest is a great cook! Generous guy too . Hope to see you at camp next year Steve..it's been awhile.  I did go take cards out and checked out a stand that over looks about a 1/3  of the neighbors sanctuary. I never sit that stand for they bust me each and every time. I built it years ago to beat the N/W winds over the clover plot..and that's always been a deer crossing...but that is lower and the sanctuary is high and the wind must hit that stand and drop right over the bedding..but it's great to sneak into on a calm day to glass the golden rod and all her trails...more of a  I just want to relax stand.

I'll be honest....I've pretty much given up..I can't beat the variables that changed this year' The changed farm fields..New hunters,the camp next doors son staying here 24/7...really he's gone through at least 3 boxes and no deer hanging, mind you no running water or septic,not even an out house. No electric hooked up,but they did put in a wood burning stove this year...I wonder how many carcasses.I'll find after season..

Anyways it completely changed all the movement here:rolleyes:

Is steve a member of this site? 

Back out this afternoon with the same results. A big fat zero. Kicked a doe out of a small patch of woods on the way out at 5:00 way to late to shoot. Shined 9 deer in the field behind my house last night and the trails cameras out are only getting them at night. Nothing in the day time.

053bf02b9427524468f79a6d989f561f.jpg

Anyone missing a deer? Found this 7pt today walking thru the thick stuff. Didn't see any holes or anything but I also didn't flip it over. Maggots all over the back half.. Thing smelled horrible!!! Plan on coming back for the skull mount next summer, or how ever long it takes. Hang it on the garage... My buddy was joking that's probably why he didn't see anything. The thing was probably 70-80yds from him the whole time. Lol Probably true tho.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

• Like 1

9H 25 degrees. 6 mph SSE wind. Going to use the climber this morning. Setting up close and tight to apples and a bunch of trails leading into the swamp and thick stuff. Good wind and it all sounds good on paper. Going in light with a turkey sammich stuffed in the pocket. This will be like an archery set up. Hoping the .44 barks today. Good luck to all going out. The stars are absolutely amazing this morning. Lots of satellites zipping around 

Edited by turkeyfeathers
  • Like 5

Foggy getting in this morning. Seems to be lifting. Walked over fresh tracks from overnight. Crunchy walk in and my feet froze to each step on the way up. Butt stuck to seat for a second. Very short sit for me this am. Gotta go to work in a bit. Be as safe as you can be out there and enjoy it. 

Had a shot on a doe two nights ago had to rush it was a clean miss she snuck in on me ..... This morning was a bust went to my spot in 7J and was snowing hard trees were covered and my normal stand the visibility was virtually cut in half ended up setting up the ground blind wishing I'd never made the trip ..

Tonight I had action had a small buck at 3:30 and a doe about 4:20 far out 150 yards let them walk just not ethical shots through the trees ..

heres a pic through my ground blind this yesterday morning

Foggy start to the day today 

IMG_7411.JPG

IMG_7412.JPG

IMG_7416.JPG

Edited by Bowshotmuzzleloader
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, growalot said:

Live from the house...It  was cold clear and dead still all night...the dogs barked on and off half the night.That tells me they fed and bred most of the night, then went to sanctuaries before shooting hours. Done wasting time.

My sons friend shot this at 8:00 am yesterday morning nose to the ground all by itself ..

IMG_7414.JPG

• Like 19

Great buck and  Congrats! Different terrain and circumstance than what I have here I'd bet...

That " wasting  time" was just for me, knowing what I know here...BTW I'm out in the woods everyday of my life...I'm a real hunter that can tell the difference between the "experience" and wasting time. :wink:

• Like 2

1 hour ago, growalot said:

Live from the house...It  was cold clear and dead still all night...the dogs barked on and off half the night.That tells me they fed and bred most of the night, then went to sanctuaries before shooting hours. Done wasting time.

Kindle got you again, i think you meant to type "I couldnt bring myself to get out of bed this morning", We've all been there lol

• Like 1

Lol...no up showered do wished off some multiprocessing and actually having lunch now because I've been up working since 4am...just know what the deer are doing here...^_^

Left that to show real Kindle. Typed...... No, up,showered and finished off some meat processing after having coffee. Did dishes, laundry...etc..etc..