LIVE from the woods 2016 Edition! - 7th Year, lets make this happen...

burmjohn

Oh I have surprised more than one ,who thought they'd sneaked in..A  few have left, I'm sure needing a shorts changed...Why do you think I clear 2 miles worth of trails here...I can walk those trails in complete darkness... I think they could have heard a few "WTF!!" 30 miles away when I suddenly turned on the light and asked "loose something?" That's my favorite line. If the boys don't rat ya out,and they have caught guys 1200ft away down in the woods from their kennel, the neighbors will......they love "sicking" me on ppl . As they say...it's cut down on our problems since you started buying things up here...:wink:

Back to hunting...the rain has stopped for now  wind dead and temps dropping...But the radar shows another deluge coming in too fast to risk a hunt.

Edited by growalot
  • Like 1

Three flatheads just came running by me 60 yards out of course into my downwind. They then turn around and ease back past me unfortunately too far out at 48 on the doe.
Stinkin running deer and it isn't from me but is not making good shot ops!! Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I finally have a doe walk to within 18 yards, arrow flys 7 inches past her chest and into the ground, clean miss. I couldn't have missed, no way. I arrive home and send a few arrows into a target, all going way to the right. Guess when I dropped the bow the other day putting it into the case it knocked the site pin off kilter , ugh

• Like 2

I finally have a doe walk to within 18 yards, arrow flys 7 inches past her chest and into the ground, clean miss. I couldn't have missed, no way. I arrive home and send a few arrows into a target, all going way to the right. Guess when I dropped the bow the other day putting it into the case it knocked the site pin off kilter , ugh

Check the rest first, shoot from a few distances and see if they're getting wider and wider

Took the 6 year old out tonight. 10 min into hunt sitting on ground a doe walks in behind us. I had her dead to rights at 20 yards wack....hit a 3 in round tree 10 feet in front of me...oops. she took a few nouns back. 30 yards took another shot. Sounded really good no arrow no blood walked her trail out 3 or 4 hundred yards no blood or arrow. Must be buried in leaves. Gonna hunt same spot in am will make some big circles when I get down just to make sure she's not dead but pretty confident was a clean miss low

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, stoneam2006 said:

Yea only been a few hrs max. I'll keep eye on it give him some antibiotics I'm not worried...tomorrow may have worried

Only a small percentage of ticks carry  Lyme  disease and it take 24 hours to transmit  It  had one on me about 8 months ago  was fine got it out same day . But it freaked me out until I found out all the info on it .  Now  I check myself constantly for those f ers .

When I get back from the woods .

Edited by LJC
  • Like 2

Only a small percentage of ticks carry  Lyme  disease and it take 24 hours to transmit  It  had one only me about 8 months ago  was fine got it out same day . But it freaked me out until I found out all the info on it .  Now  I check myself constantly for those f ers .
When I get back from the woods .

I always spray even more than I have to but his camo didn't get sprayed today guess I won't forget that again. Just glad we always check too

11 minutes ago, Core said:

man I hope I don't drag one of those home. I check when I get home but who knows.

Good idea to take shower as soon as you get home they don't stick you right away alot of the times they walk around  looking for the right spot warm spot on your body to attach on to.

Edited by LJC

Yea only been a few hrs max. I'll keep eye on it give him some antibiotics I'm not worried...tomorrow may have worried

Yea. He should be fine. I pulled 6 of me yesterday. Always do full body check and shower as soon as u gethome.

11 minutes ago, skiop said:

Not true

There is no “minimum” length of time a tick needs to be attached to transmit disease

http://www.lymeactionnetwork.org/about-lyme-disease/

On other sites including Wikipedia it says 24 hours .

And I can tell you I got bit on 2 different times and nothing happend don't get the guy paniced for nothing 

https://www.google.com/search?safe=off&site=&source=hp&ei=gVAJWL_mJYTZ-gHqra6YCA&q=how+long+does+it+take+to+get+lyme+disease&oq=how+long+to+get+lime&gs_l=mobile-gws-hp.1.0.0i22i10i30k1l2j0i22i30k1l3.1283.9594.0.13064.24.22.1.11.11.0.559.4586.0j14j5j0j1j1.21.0....0...1c.1j4.64.mobile-gws-hp..4.20.2248.3..0j35i39k1j0i131k1j0i20k1.TFds5xfJw-E

Edited by LJC
  • Like 1

Thanks....I have done tons of reading in it as my dog has it. I'll keep eye on it but not worried. If I found it tomorrow I'd be more worried

Don't worry too much stone. I've been pulling ticks out of my two boys all summer. My 3 year old just went to the doctor Monday for a tick in his upper ear! Wife noticed it while I was already at work and she couldn't get it out. My boy actually went to her complaining his ear hurt and she found it. No clue how long it was there. Doc got it out and said to just keep a eye on the area. He's shown no signs of Lyme or anything. But I've pulled at least 5 out of him and 3 or 4 from my other son this summer. Not counting the ticks we found crawling on them or in their hair.

Our dog seems to be a tick magnet. I know my wife has spent over $400 in the last 3 months on tick meds for this damn dog and he still picks up 2-3 a day! It's like never ending with him.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Core said:

Was driving in fairport just now and saw a deer laying in somebody's yard off the street. Walked up to it and turns out it has a broken leg, so now a DEC officer has been dispatched. Watching it now just laying there 60 yards away it can't move. Wondering what the dec response time will be. At least I saw it so it wouldn't have to lay here for God knows how long.

Local PD should take that call, DEC guys are spread awfully thin...........

• Like 1