LIVE from the woods 2016 Edition! - 7th Year, lets make this happen...

burmjohn

Back at it again.... Almost slept in. Good thing momma gave me the elbow to get up! Was snowing on my drive to camp.
Cam check yesterday showed a couple small bucks moving in the last 2 mornings, soon after daylight. First bucks I've had on cam for the last 2 weeks moving during shooting hours. Maybe, just maybe things are starting???

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

Time to get out the leaf blower..I hate these loud walks in. I spooked them on both sides of the road just walking the road down. Just saw a fawn walking ridge and another barrel down the hill to bedding area.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Or walk in heavy socks and carry your boots.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

Live from the office...I got all my gear in my truck and I can't wait to get out of here.....I figure with all the wind since last Friday...Today was too good to pass up. I am getting out of here around 2...Should be in my stand by 3:15.....Good luck everyone...

• Like 1

Highs today only in the mid 40s. Wind has dropped off. A front coming through tomorrow, that will bring in some snow and cold rain. If I could have thought up a good excuse, I'd be out there, instead of here at work! Good luck to all, who are out there! I really think today will be a good one to be out!

55 minutes ago, growalot said:

Biz,real dry where youlive..lol
The leaf blowing trails does more than guites them..the deer tend to walk them and I can see with no lite where I'm going...also frees up the growing things under leaf cover.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Wish I had a leaf blower I'm about to head out with a rake. Way to noisy walking in and out.

• Like 1

So I know they were off to bed and got down to do a cam pull and check trails,,,stumbling into fallen branches was another fun time this morning...I believe the fawn I thought I saw was the spike my garden blind cam caught this morning...saving grace The turkeys never showed..That would have ticked me off a bit. Any ways...here's some shots from lower field new camera...I like it All cams had pics and all had pics of deer at the same times so...I have lots of buck....and ALL of them are 1.1/2 years old..maybe a couple of 2 1/2's. Lots of doe and they are the ones mostly nocturnal. good fawns (button bucks). So things are slowly picking up...but I fear there is a shortage of Mature buck around this year and no one is talking about them either UPS guy has seen just 2...I'd lay odds they are now at the taxidermy shop.

Now I left the stand at 7 and the area exploded with deer...several young buck and I think one could have been walking behind me as I left...lol

Last pick from new cam...looks like this little guy is a scrapper..he has some breakage there...

PICT0094 (2).JPG

10250002.JPG

10250005.JPG

Edited by growalot

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By Raul2145
      Hi Everyone, 
      It is current the last week for regular season in upstate NY. Living the life working and being a full time student, I have some time off this week and would like to take a ride upstate to do a gun hunt. Never have I hunted public land in the areas 3 G, F, or N and was looking for some recommendations and help! I had used the DEC info locator and found California Hill and thought I might go there. Is there any recommendations on areas to go to in any of the wmu’s? Or on California? Any help would be really appreciated!! 

best of holiday wishes! 

• By Francesco B
      Hello everyone I’m currently looking at a house in deposit ny I’ve been deer hunting for many year mainly in Columbia and Greene county never been to Broome county. Before anything I was just curious how is the hunting there ? I know there aren’t any antlered restrictions in Broome but are there monsters out there or is it mainly just small spike? If anyone from that county or knows about deposit and broome county would get back to me i would appreciate it. Hope everyone hunting today catch a big one thanks.
    • By Ainsley Ash
      The procedure below to carry the bow is detailed below:
      You have to use a cotton towel or something similar. You have to wrap it around the bowstring. Doing so ensures that it will not cause an injury with the bowstring coming in contact with your body. It will not be that sharp either. Once you cover the bowstring with the towel, you have to wear it like a sling. So that it will not fall away from your body. The best way to cover the bowstring is to use a large enough towel. You can wrap it around twice as well. When making a sling out of the cotton towel, you have to ensure that you tighten it to get a snug fit. In that case, it will not slip away. Consequently, it will remain in place. When using this technique to carry a bow on your back, it is essential to practice before going in the wilderness. Only when you can move briskly and without noise using the scanning mechanism should you go ahead with it. To remove the bow, you have to hold it at the bottom. After that, you have to slip it over your head as well as arm. Doing so ensures that you can remove it quickly. When trying to focus on a prey, you need to remove the bow quickly. The technique for removal that we have highlighted above can certainly help you do so.
    • By Toth9050
      I'm new to the area and looking for some places to hunt  the next few weekends through bow/muzzleloader season. I'm living in New Paltz, and the place that seems the most promising to me so far is Vernooy Kill State forrest, and north into Sundown. Has anyone had any luck in these areas? Is there anywhere better in the area I should check out? Any info is welcome
    • By Raul2145
      Hi Everyone,
      My name is Raul and I am a new hunter! I've been hunting public land for now, but have been suffering. I've done 2 10 hour sits at Kings Park and 3 10 hour sits at Rocky Point and haven't seen one deer. I use a treestand and use scent blocker. I also get there super early in the morning. I need help! I plan to go again this friday. I scouted Rocky point after the first day and always see sign and I try to hunt the areas, but no success. I hunt around 42 and 36 I think. If someone wants the exact spot I can send them it on a map. I am really just looking for help in any areas and everything. I have put so much effort yet all i want is to just see one that will keep moral up. Any help is really appreciated!