How many weapons have you taken a deer with ?

turkeyfeathers

16 ga Ithaca 37, 12 ga Rem 870, 12 ga Marlin M512, Bear polar LTD compound, Jennings compound, Alpine Compound, T/C Omega 50 cal ML, Ruger M77 .30/06, Barnett Recruit x-bow, Buck 110 lock folder knife, Buck mini lock folder knife.  (The last two were used on deer that were initially struck by cars. The one with the small 1-1/4" blade was wide awake and nearly back to 100% when I slit it's Jugular.). That makes 11 total, but it should be an even dozen.   Back when in-lines were illegal during ML season, I shot at a buck with a traditions Fox-River 50, sidelock ML, but the charge did not ignite and he escaped.   The inline T/C solved that issue and killed every deer I shot at with it.   The Bear compound broke and I lost the little knife, but I still have the rest and still use them except for the other compounds (I don't have  time to get into shape with those any more).

I am also thankful to have never killed one with a vehicle, but I was a passenger twice in vehicles which killed them and I have been the lucky recipient of many that others have struck, two of which I dispatched with the knifes.  I have got pretty good at dodging them myself, which is not too difficult with my newer car because it almost stops on a dime.  It is a little trickier with my old 3/4 ton pickup.  Thankfully I only drive that when it snows and that is not too often lately. I have to drive thru an infested area every weekday to and from work,            

Edited by wolc123
addition

Browning double automatic
Rem 11-87
Marlin 35 Rem
Browning Abolt III .270
TC Encore .50cal
TC Encore .308
Darton Excel
Darton Maverick
Matthews Q2
Bowtech Old Glory, General
Elite Answer

Cool thread!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ding , ding. New leader in the clubhouse. Impressive
Although buckmaster7600 with the nice addiction of firearms may nudge you out

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My first was actually a doe.  Then I got my first buck last day of gun.  Both with the same gun.  In fact I still have two slugs from the first 5 pack I bought so I'm still good for this year.  I added a bow this year so I'm excited to get out earlier and my tag just showed up today in the mail.   

11 minutes ago, wolc123 said:

16 ga Ithaca 37, 12 ga Rem 870, 12 ga Marlin M512, Bear polar LTD compound, Jennings compound, Alpine Compound, T/C Omega 50 cal ML, Ruger M77 .30/06, Barnett Recruit x-bow, Buck 110 lock folder knife, Buck mini lock folder knife.  (The last two were used on deer that were initially struck by cars. The one with the small 1-1/4" blade was wide awake and nearly back to 100% when I slit it's Jugular.). That makes 11 total, but it should be an even dozen.   Back when in-lines were illegal during ML season, I shot at a buck with a traditions Fox-River 50, sidelock ML but the charge did not ignite and he escaped.   The inline T/C solved that issue and killed every deer I shot at with it.   The Bear compound broke and I lost the little knife, but I still have the rest and still use them except for the compounds (I don't have  time to get into shape with those any more).

Thought you said JC killed them all?  

• Like 3

I certainly had his help with all of them.   If he knows where every sparrow falls then he surely knows what deer are destined for deer heaven (my family's food supply).   I was just fortunate to be in the right place at the right time a hundred or so times to help him carry out his will.     

Marlin 35rem
Mossberg 500 12ga.
Browning B-80 20ga
Savage 110 30-06
Browning ABolt 25WSSM
Browning BAR 30-06
Ruger Security Six 357mag
Rock River Arms AR15 223
Traditions 50cal
CVA Optima 50cal
Golden Eagle bow
Guide Series Tec Hunter Elite Bow
Browning Illusion bow
Hoyt Rampage XT bow
Bowtech RPM360 bow
As far as I can remember anyhow. I may have missed a few?

• Like 1