NAP Slingblade For Crossbow

grampy

Picked up a three pack of these at Dicks today. On sale after rebate for $14.99. Got the 100 gr. Two blade, one and seven eighth inch cut. Anyone have any experience with these heads? I've used NAP Thunderhead fixed blades for years with great results on the compound. Guess I'll give em a try and post back how they work out.

Grampy,

I have used the NAP Killzone with a two inch cut. They look exactly like the sling blade but apparently they are a 1/8 Bigger. I love them. I have killed three deer with them and they all performed flawlessly and they don't come apart in my quiver like the Rage. I have a new set of them for this year and I plan on using them in my crossbow as well this year.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, ApexerER said:

Grampy,

I have used the NAP Killzone with a two inch cut. They look exactly like the sling blade but apparently they are a 1/8 Bigger. I love them. I have killed three deer with them and they all performed flawlessly and they don't come apart in my quiver like the Rage. I have a new set of them for this year and I plan on using them in my crossbow as well this year.

Thanks so much! I tried one to see how it shoots from my Raptor, and it's hitting exactly the same as my target points! So that works. And your experience with them on deer sounds excellent! So that seals the deal for me. Into the quiver they will go!

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
9 minutes ago, eagle rider said:

How are those sling blades working out?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have not shot anything with them yet. But during practice, they are very accurate and fly very close to field point impact. Just made very small adjustment. Using them on the Piledriver bolts. After crossbow opens in the SZ, hopefully, I'll see how they work on deer and give a review here.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Core said:

They look barbed to me; won't retract fully if arrow is pulled out.

They do look barbed before being deployed. But the blades do fold back nicely when pulling them out of my target. No problem there. They retract to almost original position. Perfectly legal.

i bought these last year, i was hunting with a friend this year and he has shot 2 does with these heads, one double lung and one heart shot. both times ribs were broken on both sides and there were close to 2 inch holes, and great blood trails. I have since picked up 4 packs of these while they were on rebate for 14.99. Such a simple yet effective design at a great price. 

• 4 weeks later...

I just got my first xbow kill with these today. Did not get passthrough penetration with two shots. First shot hit rib and  or spine; second shot may have hit the dirt under the deer. (It was spined and laying on the ground at that point.) No reason to believe it was anything other than operator error as far as accuracy and penetration goes.

Anyone know if replacement blades are available for these? If the Dick's deal is going on, I may as well just go buy more of the entire broadheads. One of my blades must have hit bone, it has a little indentation in it. So if both blades look straight, you think it is ok to use the broadhead again?

I shot 2 does with these today, heart shot and a double lung both went less then 50 yards. No to replacement blades but i hear nap will send you some if you call. Im switching completely from rage now simply due to price. Ive seen 4 deer hit and 4 dead deer fast. i was using a vertical bow, just chiming in to help if possible!

Edited by Hock3y24
  • Like 1