Leupold vx-R

Buckmaster7600

Please post a review.....

I want the 2-7 x 33 as I need a 30mm tube for a rifle that has been sitting here forever and this was tops on the list.

I see on line reviews but don't know anyone who actually has one.

I will post a review, I really don't think I need the dot but wanted a 30mm tube and figured why not it wasn't much more money than a new vx-3 and that's what I usually buy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

15 minutes ago, Buckmaster7600 said:

I really don't think I need the dot but wanted a 30mm tube and figured why not it wasn't much more money than a new vx-3 and that's what I usually buy.

Same here.....have a Sauer 200 30.06 and 270 (switch barrel) rifle and have older Warne Premier rings I want to keep in 30mm on it.

Thought about one of the Vortex line also.....

The VX-R Leupold's are very good scopes! I had the 2-7 x 33 for a bit. Sold it attached to the rifle it was on. I'd buy another without much hesitation. 

Note to Buckmaster 7600: Not all Vortex scopes are Chinese. 

Did you use the dot a lot? What reticle did you have?

You are correct they also produce some in the Philippines and I believe their top models are Japanese. Either way I choose American made when I have the option.

11 hours ago, Buckmaster7600 said:

Vortex are Chinese. There are many things in life that we don't have a choice but to buy Chinese. Rifle scopes are still something that we have American and European producers of at reasonable prices. I won't own a Chinese scope.

Not all Vortex are Chinese, only the low end models.

On 9/23/2016 at 8:44 AM, Buckmaster7600 said:

Did you use the dot a lot? What reticle did you have?

You are correct they also produce some in the Philippines and I believe their top models are Japanese. Either way I choose American made when I have the option.

My reticle was the firedot 4 as I recall (or whatever Leupy calls their #4 style). It had no upper vertical post.

• 2 weeks later...

Well I have had my new 1-4 vx-R for over a week now and am still waiting on my dnz mount. It was in stock at optics planet when I ordered it and now they are saying could be another couple weeks. I don't have any 30mm rings to throw on it for now so I guess I'm going to order some cheap rings since no one has any in stock locally. I'm pretty pissed at the terrible customer service from optics planet I have spent around 5k dollars there in the last few years and they have done nothing to try to remedy the situation.

On 9/22/2016 at 9:53 PM, Buckmaster7600 said:

Vortex are Chinese. There are many things in life that we don't have a choice but to buy Chinese. Rifle scopes are still something that we have American and European producers of at reasonable prices. I won't own a Chinese scope.

I know they still aren't American but this is what I got from Vortex a couple years ago. 

Razor:  Japan

Viper/Dimondback: Phillippines

Crossfire:  China

I found a set of rings I had that fit a picatinny rail so I put the vxr on one of my AR's and shot a bunch today. So I figured I would post a quick review.

For starters I will say that I find the glass very similar to a VX3 very clear and crisp. The dot is very cool and makes things very fast your eye is truly drawn to the dot. In a practical hunting application I don't know if it makes a noticeable difference but cool nonetheless. The dot is very crisp and has great brightness adjustment. So far only shooting it for a couple hundred rounds at steel I am very happy with the purchase.

I could see this scope really shining in low light on dark objects. I wish I would have had one when I was down south and pig hunting.

• Like 1