Why Trophy Hunting Can Be Good For Animals:video cartoon

Dinsdale

Kind silly cartoonish but over 800,000 hits in one day on you tube.

Paints the hunter as a dick......that bothers me.

( Personally have been boots on the ground to see how this works, 4 hunts and around 75 days afield in 3 countries; kind of insulting to me) 

But I think hunters as a group use social media terrible for our end to persuade the 80% who don't hunt but are  fairly neutral about it. (most agree 10% hunt,10% anti, 80% the rest) 

5 hours ago, Dinsdale said:

Kind silly cartoonish but over 800,000 hits in one day on you tube.

Paints the hunter as a dick......that bothers me.

( Personally have been boots on the ground to see how this works, 4 hunts and around 75 days afield in 3 countries; kind of insulting to me) 

But I think hunters as a group use social media terrible for our end to persuade the 80% who don't hunt but are  fairly neutral about it. (most agree 10% hunt,10% anti, 80% the rest) 

I agree. Yes there are some slams against hunters that are uncalled for, but I suppose it does lend credibility to the main message that is reaching the public. At least they know it is not a hunter sponsored bit of propaganda.

Interesting, and yes it is an under-utilized means of putting a better face on hunting throughout those that are on the fence.

Can't expect anti's to jump completely over.  You have to ease their way in.  If you come out hard right out of the gate, they'll immediately tune you out and won't even hear the rest of the message.

Edited by Elmo

That's everyone.  We're the same way.

How do you react if someone came up to your and said: "You're an effing a-hole!  Let me tell you why."  As oppose to "Hey, you're cool.  Really nice guy and all but there is this one thing..."  Would you react differently?

• Like 1

Maybe I'm weird, but either way I want to hear why they think they need to tell me something.  Besides I relish the thought of showing them they're wrong if they are.  Also, I don't believe we go at them like that at all.  But no matter how we do, they close their minds and plug their ears, because they don't want to know the truth.

Edited by Rattler