anybody here ride

bubba

Yea I remember that stuff, insainely fast cars and bikes. Bikes have always been what I consider cheap horsepower, any body can go out and plop 10k on a bike and be fast, cars cost alot more and require more tuning. A bike with alot of money into it is another class of bike though, if you have time try to google John Noonan and his busa, I think it hit something like 256mph on the flats...now that is insane. Even stock the Busa was capable of numbers close to this,  2.5 seconds 0-60 5.5 0-100 sub 10 second quarters and a restricted top speed of 186 mph. Not so good on gas though like alot of other bikes haha

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Love riding. Seems with work and other things going on I don't have as much time as I use to. This is my Honda. 1800 VTX"    I can take that off your hands untill you have more time Culv, haha $5 is my offer as always.  :(

As always....you have a big heart :D

I actually have a buddy....was my best man....He wants to buy it in the spring and it will give me the cash to get a tractor for camp and a few other toys that I will use more. My wife grew up on bikes but she has no desire to ride now....so I think she should go to someone that will appreciate her.....the bike ...not the wife...although I will entertain offers ther too...LOL

Yea I remember that stuff, insainely fast cars and bikes. Bikes have always been what I consider cheap horsepower, any body can go out and plop 10k on a bike and be fast, cars cost alot more and require more tuning. A bike with alot of money into it is another class of bike though, if you have time try to google John Noonan and his busa, I think it hit something like 256mph on the flats...now that is insane. Even stock the Busa was capable of numbers close to this,  2.5 seconds 0-60 5.5 0-100 sub 10 second quarters and a restricted top speed of 186 mph. Not so good on gas though like alot of other bikes haha

thats crazy, very fast. you know what tho, even on my 600F4I on thottle alot that thing sucked gas down lol. had to fill up like 3 times in one day of riding.

have you ever heard of Texas Mile? thats like the new flats. all street cars and bikes go there. twin turbo vipers, blown and turbo vettes. Its crazy. last i heard the fastest car there was this guy SW who drives a 98 Turbo Supra and it went something like 248 mph in a standing mile. I think the ford GT guys took it back with a 252mph. thats fast lol, all considered street cars and are registered and insured.

You mean this Texas Mile..

http://www.motorcycle-usa.com/499/8308/Motorcycle-Article/Bill-Warner-Reaches-278-6-mph-at-Texas-Mile.aspx

Ya I've heard of it, there was a time when I was really into reading about this stuff and followed it pretty close. Not so much any more but it is still fun to read about. This guy went 278 on a freakin bike..wow! The fastest I went was far less than that and I thought that was something..sheesh

Oh how about that 1/2 mile slow down area..no thanks!

You mean this Texas Mile..

http://www.motorcycle-usa.com/499/8308/Motorcycle-Article/Bill-Warner-Reaches-278-6-mph-at-Texas-Mile.aspx

Ya I've heard of it, there was a time when I was really into reading about this stuff and followed it pretty close. Not so much any more but it is still fun to read about. This guy went 278 on a freakin bike..wow! The fastest I went was far less than that and I thought that was something..sheesh

Oh how about that 1/2 mile slow down area..no thanks!

holy crap! lol yeh thats the place, 278 is smoking man!

that guy has more into his bike then some do in their cars! lol gotta love turbo

I was watching the discovery channel and I bet you wish you still had the old bikes you mentioned. They are worth a lot of money ! I had friends I road with in the same time frame you speak of maybe longer ago that rode both the triumph and the Norton's. Norton 850 CamandoDo you remember the triumph trident ?

I quit riding 25 years ago when I got married and after having several accidents(promised the wife). Living on LI and working in the city and riding a bike is pretty tricky. Sold my 650 Bonneville's and 750 Norton's. However, unbeknownst to her, I still ride friend's dirt bike off road upstate when given the opportunity. ;)

Your bike bring's back memories, my first new bike purcahse which was the second bike I have owned  was a 1977 yamaha XS-750-2D Seeing your bike brings back memories. I now run a H~D superglide and love it  no less then my first bike which I purchased in 1976.

I was walking through the garage today when I got home.  I realized how much I want to get the bike out and ride.  Anyone else here ride a motorcycle.  if so what ya got?  I got my bike endorsement back in 77.  I currently ride a 1982 yamaha seca 750 4 cylinder inline shaft drive.  It has 278 thousand actual miles as I have owned it since it was new.  I am looking at a new gold wing, but I wont get rid of the silver streak.

I was watching the discovery channel and I bet you wish you still had the old bikes you mentioned. They are worth a lot of money ! I had friends I road with in the same time frame you speak of maybe longer ago that rode both the triumph and the Norton's. Norton 850 CamandoDo you remember the triumph trident ?

I quit riding 25 years ago when I got married and after having several accidents(promised the wife). Living on LI and working in the city and riding a bike is pretty tricky. Sold my 650 Bonneville's and 750 Norton's. However, unbeknownst to her, I still ride friend's dirt bike off road upstate when given the opportunity. :)

Back in 77 I had a 650 Bonneville, which was what I learned to ride on. I took to to az with me in my younger days.  when I came home due to a family emergency, it stayed there, as I sold it to get home on a plane quick.  It was tough getting used to an amerivan bike with the opposite side throttle.