Fun Weekend Canning

DirtTime

Peppers are done 14 qts, sauce is still simmering, but almost there.

66 qts is a lot grow, but if i had space I sure as heck would make that much too.

What kind of cheese did you use for the poppers grow? Usually either just cream cheese, pepper jack, or extra sharp here.

peps.jpg

sauce2016.jpg

1 hour ago, Enigma said:

Nice looking peppers rob. And 66 Q of tomatoes grow holy cow!!!! Don't mean to hijack but wanted to show off today's work. 15 Q of pickled veggies, cauliflower, peppers, carrots, celery and of course garlic. Good eats for the long winter. . . .

0925161219.jpg

Not hijacking. That looks good. I did cauliflower, hungarian wax peppers, and tiny onions a few years ago. ( I have fresh garlic in everything I can ) It was good.

We simmered the sauce more this year, so we only got 20 qts, 19 in the pic and one will be used tomorrow.

sauce22016.jpg

• Like 1

Rob..... ever try sauerkraut? I just put up 7 quarts yesterday ...they are in a dark corner of the basement in a shallow pan for the next 4-6 weeks I will go down and clean jars and pan once a week as they bubble over fermenting...then I will hot water bath them...tomorrow I will do another 7 quarts...I pack the jars very tight so 3 big heads of cabbage per 7quarts