She said yes!!!!!

Chef

So today, I convinced my wife to take a ride to a local bow shop with me. I have been talking about getting a new bow for a while now, and she keeps saying not to spend the money. While we we were at the shop today I was looking at the Matthews Halon. She picked it up and was like wow this is nice. She shoots, but doesn't really hunt. After we left the shop. She got home pulled out my bow and looked at it. Came into the living room holding my bow. Looked at me and just said fine! I guess I'll be going back next weekend to make the purchase... Probably will hunt with my old bow for this season depending on how I feel.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 6

ok...ill go ahead an be the jerk and say it...what kind of man requests "permission" to purchase anything? first off, i am married so before anybody tries to slam me, know that i have a wife, son, mortgage, bills etc. just like anybody else. I always sensed that people on this site were traditional/old school type of guys. im not saying that my wife is any less than me but if she told me I was "allowed" to purchase something, i would laugh. ive been out with some buddies before and heard them call their wife and ask if they can take money out of the atm. it makes me cringe. you're a man, you make you're own money. act like it...

let the retaliation begin

• Like 3

33 minutes ago, regulat0r said:

ok...ill go ahead an be the jerk and say it...what kind of man requests "permission" to purchase anything? first off, i am married so before anybody tries to slam me, know that i have a wife, son, mortgage, bills etc. just like anybody else. I always sensed that people on this site were traditional/old school type of guys. im not saying that my wife is any less than me but if she told me I was "allowed" to purchase something, i would laugh. ive been out with some buddies before and heard them call their wife and ask if they can take money out of the atm. it makes me cringe. you're a man, you make you're own money. act like it...

Hey, no slam from me. For you, if it aint broke don't fix it!

For me, my wife is my best friend and partner in everything. So do I "have to ask" if I can make an $800 or $1000 bow purchase? No, but I would. And she would do the same for me. We're partners.

• Like 8

37 minutes ago, regulat0r said:

I think absent unlimited funds or separate accounts (we don't do those, for example), it's reasonable to run things by another person and there's no point in running by if you're going to ignore their opinion on it.

I seem to admit I've found myself more or less in the situation in which I can get what I want. This week my wife said she trusts if we end up short on money I will stop spending. I won't test that theory by buying a corvette, but I've managed our bills for a couple of decades and never once even made a late payment, so I am doing okay. But she also probably knows I never would in fact by a corvette. But, I admit I spend money on hobbies and she doesn't. I don't know if I'd see it the same way if she was buying tons of clothes all the time. I bet it would bother me, but since I have the hobbies AND I manage expenses it seems not to bug her that much. I am also careful not to hassle over stuff she buys at target or the mall (admittedly not much).

The problem is when the person managing expenses is also the person who has no interest in spending money. They start to resent the other one a bit for it. I know a guy like this. He has to basically beg to buy things.

Also, congrats OP!

Do I need her permission no, do I have enough respect to make sure she is ok with me spending a grand yes...... Are we hard up for money no. I'm just man enough to respect my wife and treat her as my equal thanks!

• Like 11

13 minutes ago, chefhunter86 said:

Do I need her permission no, do I have enough respect to make sure she is ok with me spending a grand yes...... Are we hard up for money no. I'm just man enough to respect my wife and treat her as my equal thanks!

Yup..In this house if i burn a grand on something i give her a grand to burn on something for herself. only fair really.

It works that way most times but i did just drop 32 big ones on a new Deere so i hope she does not look for her equal part on that one!

• Like 3

My new bow started as a $400 investment. It quickly shot up to $700. But, As most know, that purchase had a lot of factors to the entire over all situation. One of them was yes, talking about the purchase with my g/f. If she had honestly asked me to wait, I would have. Not because I am 'whipped', but because we have a mutual respect.

I am selling one of my snowboards and a few other items I don't need to offset the cost, and I agreed I would buy us a new bed this winter. I also quit smoking to save a few more bucks. Relationships are give and take. 

6 hours ago, regulat0r said:

Well I guy who really wants to please his wife . Or someone that may not have much money to go around .

Since you don't know  him or his wife you really can talk  trash about his relationship can you . Everyone is different.  It may seem strange  but we don't know him and his wife so you can't really say one way or the other . 

Well I guy who really wants to please his wife . Or someone that may not have much money to go around .

Since you don't know  him or his wife you really can talk  trash about his relationship can you . Everyone is different.  It may seem strange  but we don't know him and his wife so you can't really say one way or the other . 

Not to brag but there is plenty of money to go around probably more than most. I just like to include her in decisions. Like I said before it's a respect thing.... Do I need to ask 100% no. But will
I check with her first yes

Not that I know anything about you but if it works  for  you cool . 

Alot of guys first thing that comes to mind when they here that.  is you have one of those nagging wife's and asked for permission because  you don't want to here her Bark at you like Hillary .  

But I have no idea about you or your wife so that is  just speculation and what a lot on here probably think in there minds. When  you say stuff like that just saying not like you wanted a new couch for the home or something. Something you both would be using  then it makes more sense to people . Your not going to be sharing you bow with her so why would she even care  unless your  having money troubles  . Just saying . I don't know you so it's all just speculation means nothing . Your wife could be a saint for all  I know .

Edited by LJC

On ‎9‎/‎24‎/‎2016 at 2:05 PM, chefhunter86 said:

So today, I convinced my wife to take a ride to a local bow shop with me. I have been talking about getting a new bow for a while now, and she keeps saying not to spend the money. While we we were at the shop today I was looking at the Matthews Halon. She picked it up and was like wow this is nice. She shoots, but doesn't really hunt. After we left the shop. She got home pulled out my bow and looked at it. Came into the living room holding my bow. Looked at me and just said fine! I guess I'll be going back next weekend to make the purchase... Probably will hunt with my old bow for this season depending on how I feel.

I would have been back to the bow shop that afternoon!!! I would get there ASAP....You never know what could happen this week....

Lol go f your self! I can always un screw my broadheads and shoot at you when you fall asleep

With a new bow properly tuned with archery experience no reason why you couldn't IMO doesn't take long to gain confidence with a piece of equipment...maybe not to same ranges you can after months of shooting but it can be done....wish you luck....hope to see some pics of the new rig when you get it

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk