The key to successful deer hunting

turkeyfeathers

Yea, I was at the local Dick's Sporting Goods yesterday and they had an entire row  of deer food, corn and other tasty treats for sale. At the end of the row was a small sign declaring it was illegal in New York to feed/bait deer.

Just remember to take those apples out of their packages; those darn deer lack the thumbs to do it them selves.  

• Like 1

Salmon run , them ain't apples. Them are Fireballs hard candy. It's been scientifically proven by guys on this forum that after you pop one in your mouth that your chances of shooting a nice deer go up substantially Please keep this to the forum and yourself and whatever you do don't tell the DEC

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

I am not sure about the fireballs, but I know that spitting the dip can work.  I killed my first buck many years ago, on opening day of gun season, while his nose was on the little brown spot in the snow below my stand.  I had been spitting my Hawken juice there since it got light enough to see.   He came in from directly downwind.   I had seen that buck three times prior, during archery season, but never within range.    I guess it took that dip to give me the chip-shot under the stand with my scoped slug-gun.     

Ohhh, perhaps I should down my coffee, and put my reading glasses firmly on my face before I look at this forum...:rofl:

My buddy always carries a bag of strawberry licorice in his pack and countless times had deer running around him as he is fumbling around rattling the bag breaking off a piece..

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Elmo said:

My inexperience self is not getting this.  What's up with Fireballs?

Larry302 shared his secret for killing big bucks.  Pop a fireball and by the time its done, a buck will show.  I don't think the scientific basis for this phenomenon has been determined.

3 hours ago, moog5050 said:

Larry302 shared his secret for killing big bucks.  Pop a fireball and by the time its done, a buck will show.  I don't think the scientific basis for this phenomenon has been determined.

I knew I missed a step in the recipe.  I've been popping metal ball bearings into my mouth instead.  Still waiting for it to dissolve so that big buck will show up.

• Like 3