Bowhunter Sighting Log

fasteddie

I haven't gotten mine yet.  I should be getting it.  I've even had DEC call me up to make sure my info was up to date for it.  Bowhunter log is one of their citizen science things that I plug often.  Although I really hate the assumptions they make with the data  no where to put button buck info and fawn info everything is antlerless.  I understand the reasoning that it's hard to tell the difference between a yearling doe, a fawn, and a BB.  At least give the option for record something more specific if you're sure.

another program they're rolling out is AVID that is more inline with browse surveys.  I don't know how well this will work but I'm excited to see how it goes.  this would provide them real info as to if the deer are too many then the habitat can support.  should be much better info than their extrapolated expected harvest numbers based on people interests and not deer/habitat interests.

2 hours ago, hunterdan44 said:

I did not.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, fasteddie said:

The DEC contacted me about 15 years ago and asked if I would be interested in doing the Sighting Log . I thought about it the other day and darned if it wasn't in the mail that day . 

Thanks, guys...  I put a call in, but got redirected to voicemail.

I received mine in the mail on Friday. This is the first year I will be participating in the survey. I always keep a log for personal use but this year I m more looking forward to sharing with the state about the low deer population we have that they think is high.