So who will shoot a doe on opener

moog5050

I like taking a doe early, it's a confidence builder for me. I don't have any double stands at the land for my 8yr old to join me so I'm gonna try and take one out of our enclosed stand behind the house with him. That's the plan for now.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Lawdwaz said:

Depends on my work schedule and weather but probably yes, I will cork one.

Lord knows that if I wait, they won't show up.

In my opinion, an adult doe is harder to kill than a doe fawn, button buck or an adult buck.

That makes me feel good.  My last two opening day does were huge ole girls.  True swamp donkeys.   

Aint that the truth, they are right up there!

I've been after the same crotchety doe for a while now. She just pisses the hell out of me whenever I am walking back to my car and I see her group but she always has to snort and blow right when I'm ready to shoot one. Needless to say it will be sweet sweet victory when I finally take her out and can add her to the deer pedestal in my avatar.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, moog5050 said:

To some extent, it also depends on the property I end up hunting.  Might avoid the drag on one and one has been hammered by nuisance permits all summer so any survivors may get a pass for now. 

Agreed many variables can come into play. If the wind cooperates Saturday I'm going for a 8pt I named barnacles. I wouldn't take a doe out of that stand.