What broadhead are you shooting?

Billdogge

Fixed 4 blade muzzy's.  I set them up and fortunately they flew not noticeably different than my practice points so I put them back away until I go out in the woods.  I don't think I need to keep practicing with broad heads if they were accurate.  Too scared of mechanical blades.  At least if something goes wrong I am the one at fault, not a mechanical error on the broad head.

7 hours ago, turkeyfeathers said:

Not an archery hunter yet .... am I seeing about 50% fixed versus mechanical blades so far ? 

Debated endlessly. Some prefer the reliability and penetration of the fixed, others like the cutting surface of mechanical and their slight edge on accuracy. My guess is that a lot of people keep switching over time just for the heck of it, the same way people buy new cars or clothes. At this point it's not like anybody is introducing truly meaningful advancements. Lots I'm sure is anecdotal, too: "I took down such and such buck in 20 yards with <insert broadhead>" or "I hit this thing in the heart, both lungs, and the neck with <insert broadhead name>" and I still never found it.