Rainy forecast for opening weekend

GSchneidz

48 minutes ago, WNYBuckHunter said:

The tough part is choosing which farm to hunt. The wind is going to be absolutely perfect for one stand in particular though. I think its gonna be time to see if I cant find Waldo (the one Ive been chasing since last year).

First world problems.  

• Like 2

Ours has gone up to70%, 50% at 8a.m.. I have that doghouse blind I found out in the front yard getting a good rain wash...I sprayed camp dry on it yesterday. It will be going out to the grape vines this afternoon...I have a bit of weed whacking to do. This Is one of my best areas and I have no enclosed, rough weather cover and the wind switches up a lot. The grapes are actually in the fenced garden but the fencing at that end is cattle fencing with the very large squares it will sit between the Concords and the Niagara's...which are still in grape and I will draw the vines over the top and in front...it also is 4 ft behind the mulberry cam tree, so this will be my view at that level,but with some fencing squares. Deer are use to my comings and goings and they also are use to trailers and barrels ,equipment just showing up in the garden. Though I will let it rest a few days after putting it there. I have the other blinds.

IMAG0021 (2).JPG

IMAG0007.JPG

I'm considering letting Sat. and Sun. be scouting type days,unless a buck strolls in. I honestly have absolutely no room in any of the 3 freezers We aren't even using up any food because the garden is STILL producing a ton of fresh veggies, plus now I'm freezing green peppers and the broccoli and brussel sprouts are just coming on. I picked a wheel barrel of acorn for us...and gave a bushel away from the garden in the last couple of days....now I have 20 muskmelon sitting in my kitchen and that much still in the garden...crazy crazy productive season...Any how Wilson's isn't open on Sundays...So if I got one it would sit in the cooler until Monday morning..I'd rather have Sunday to cut one up and let it sit in the cooler until Monday morning then make the 45min drive... It will take a month or two to process, by then we will have opened up some freezer space...the next one will be canned...rt. now...I'm all canned out...just did another caner full of tomatoes and another 7 jars of kraut......hot pepper pints get done this afternoon.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, chefhunter86 said:

Well that's just not smart no offense.. It's a proven fact that deer will be on their feet right before a front comes through.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't need to kill a deer that badly that I shoot one at dusk, back out, and come back the next morning to find all traces of blood trail gone, a dog probably won't even be able to find it at that point. No offense. :D

Edited by Uncle Nicky

I don't need to kill a deer that badly that I shoot one at dusk, back out, and come back the next morning to find all traces of blood trail gone, a dog probably won't even to find it at that point. No offense. default_grin.gif

Why would you back out and come back the next morning.... Make a good shot watch it drop
And go get your deer....don't take marginal shots!!! Because right before a front is always the best

How long have you been doing this?default_rolleyes.gif

A long time.... And if you hit heart or double lung there is no reason to to back out over night... Wait 30 min is all.... Maybe you should practice your archery skills and stop gut shooting deer

4 hours ago, maytom said:

Too early in the season for me to stick it out in a down pour. Good time to check stand sites and do any trimming, since the rain will wash your scent away!!! NOT a fan of rain while hunting at all!!

I always try to time my stand maintenance around the rain or earlier in the summer.

i'll be out even if it's an unexpected white out snow fall.  raining is fine too.  I've got to get some last minute intel tomorrow night on  a particular buck.  then trying something new for middle of the field hunting out of a ground blind.  no messing around with the recurve.  will need compound with some range.

• Like 2

I don't need their number I'm a member lol

They have a frequent fliers club? Go get 'em killer!!!

A member as in I have gone to deer search meetings, and even have a dog! I don't track with him. Because he doesn't really like it..... God you really are a jack a$$