Looking for contractor

stoneam2006

I've come to think highly of most everyone here so I figured a good place to ask. I'm looking for a contractor too level my house. Will need major work probably new pillars dug and pour3d then releveled. If anyone knows anyone throw me a pm if you don't want to put here.

Olean ny area

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Not trying to be funny. How is this possible? I assume the ground gave or something and now your house is uneven? How do they fix that?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My house is a double wide that was put in 20 years ago by a hack. Never had issues till the last 2 winters... and now that I am going to try and sell my house I need to make sure it's up to par and not gonna try and screw anyone.

• Like 1

That shouldn't be too big of a deal.......any house movers in the area?  They'd have plenty of bottle jacks to get her fixed.

It's a prefab home?

Mobile home. That they half assed put on foundation without pouring pad or going below frost line. The leveling isn't a big deal as its not bad it's the 8 4 foot deep hols that need dug under the house.

Damn I wish you luck....that sucker either needs to be moved and have the holes dug or sky jacked to get equipment under it to operate an auger. Look into a contractor who digs basements in your area....sure they have the equipment and knowledge to pull this off.
Another thought is to contact a reputable modular home builder/dealer in your area an see who they can recommend.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Damn I wish you luck....that sucker either needs to be moved and have the holes dug or sky jacked to get equipment under it to operate an auger. Look into a contractor who digs basements in your area....sure they have the equipment and knowledge to pull this off.
Another thought is to contact a reputable modular home builder/dealer in your area an see who they can recommend.

7 hours ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

Not trying to be funny. How is this possible? I assume the ground gave or something and now your house is uneven? How do they fix that?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Around here they take I-beams and get the under the house by digging or knock holes through foundation just under the floor and jack the up and place cribbing under them.  Poor a new foundation or put in a full basement and then set the house back down.  I've seen it done around here at least 5 times in the last few year. I've also seen them jack a single story house up and put a new first story under it so it's 2 story.  

A more common way to level a house around here is an excavator with a thumb and dump trucks  once the house is gone it's pretty easy to level things out.  Ha

welcome to my world.....we've been dealing with the piers under our cabin shifting and moving every year, absolute nightmare .

Before my decision to move south the orginal plan was to put full basement underneath as my spot would make for a sweet 2 story house. But bc I'm going south I just want to bring it up to par for next owners.

I worked for a company called Portable Schools out of Webster in the early 1980's. These were relocatable 'temporary' classroom buildings, essentially double-wides, and we worked all over the state doing the installations. We had some pretty high-tech equipment when it came to jacks and stuff, and we were able to get the jobs done quickly and efficiently. I don't personally know of any companies currently doing this type of work, but I'm pretty sure they're out there. My point is, don't narrowly confine your search to just local contractors. There might be someone 200 or 300 miles away that has the specialized equipment and expertise to ensure quality work at a fair price regardless of the travel involved.

Best of luck to you.

• Like 1

If your code enforcer is doing his job he will require them to be certified.... you cannot modify or set up manufactured home without being certified these says...I would guess this is going to fall in that category..

I would start by calling companies on this list....

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=http://www.dos.ny.gov/DCEA/pdf/intcertlist022310.pdf&ved=0ahUKEwiknqn9t7XPAhUFeT4KHdsOCGoQFggbMAA&usg=AFQjCNFkhyWBhcvyqEUr_VhMLxG3TARLdQ&sig2=Cjh_ClazyEMdnYRFvwC3Ug

Pretty sure I'm no longer on there. .lol..

Sight unseen....I'm guessing in the neighborhood of $25,000..

If your code enforcer is doing his job he will require them to be certified.... you cannot modify or set up manufactured home without being certified these says...I would guess this is going to fall in that category..

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=http://www.dos.ny.gov/DCEA/pdf/intcertlist022310.pdf&ved=0ahUKEwiknqn9t7XPAhUFeT4KHdsOCGoQFggbMAA&usg=AFQjCNFkhyWBhcvyqEUr_VhMLxG3TARLdQ&sig2=Cjh_ClazyEMdnYRFvwC3Ug

Lol my house was put in 20 something years ago. They didn't have cares like nowadays. When I bought I didn't go thru a bank so inspection was basic. Guys who bought before me also no bank and was never notice untill last winter when my backdoor started acting goofy....and I hope your not a contractor I can get a full basement dug for 25k lol.

Quotes I'm looking at now done to code are around 4k average

• Like 1

Also not modifying or setting up...just releveling no need for certification for that...I can do it myself if I want

11 minutes ago, stoneam2006 said:

Lol my house was put in 20 something years ago. They didn't have cares like nowadays. When I bought I didn't go thru a bank so inspection was basic. Guys who bought before me also no bank and was never notice untill last winter when my backdoor started acting goofy....and I hope your not a contractor I can get a full basement dug for 25k lol.

Quotes I'm looking at now done to code are around 4k average

That's great. I was envisioning a little bigger project..

Move home,poor pad, reset home..

Seems like most manufactured home pad quotes were in the neighborhood of 10g with full foundations around 25.. 

• Like 1