Very Diverse State land 9P "Honey Hole " Card Pull

Hang Em High

Thanks guys, it is definitely the right spot for the camera. I had 4 other cameras out, they all had 0 pictures- this camera had 1200 photos I can't believe it. Only took me about 13 years to find this "Honey Hole" , it is right on the edge of some pines in the thicket , 20 yards from a creek, in a fairly steep ravine. 

• Like 1

I assumed they were Fishers as well, never personally seen one except seeing them trapped on t.v. - so I googled them to confirm, I never knew they had such long tails. I have about half a dozen photos of them, would be pretty cool to see them with my Bear in hand.

Hey Core- that must have been you 50 yards from my stand last year opening day. Thanks for leaving at 9 a.m., it paid off for me staying in the cold and harvesting a nice  2 1/2 yr old7 pointer at 10 a.m.- I am getting much larger and older bucks on camera this year then the previous 3 years I had a camera out here, so I am very excited to see what I see this year !

One problem I have, the 7 guys I hunt with up there - not 1 of them seen a buck opening weekend last year. So I notice this year there cameras and stands are moving closer and closer to my ' Honey Hole " haha 

IMG_3715.JPG

IMG_1737.jpg

Edited by Hang Em High
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, Hang Em High said:

Hey Core- that must have been you 50 yards from my stand last year opening day. Thanks for leaving at 9 a.m., it paid off for me staying in the cold and harvesting a nice  2 1/2 yr old7 pointer at 10 a.m.- I am getting much larger and older bucks on camera this year then the previous 3 years I had a camera out here, so I am very excited to see what I see this year !

I was just kidding 8-) No idea where that is, but the fact you have bear tells me it's many, many miles from where I hunt!

Getting a nice looking buck on opening day on state land is great!

I figured Core- just joking also !   The population definitely seems to be increasing, the last 2 year I have had 1 bear on camera all summer. I have had 4 different ones on camera this year so far, hopefully this is the year one of us from our camp has the opportunity at one.  

Hopefully the population is increasing in your area also !

Nice pic’s like the fishers and the bobcat.

There is a lot of state land in 9P. I hunt there. cut my hunting teeth on three places Bully Hill SF nice place not just for deer there’s some nice Grouse hunting and even got Snow  Shoes there. Rattle Snake Hill WMA there is turkeys, grouse, deer, and trout in some of the ponds. Keeney Swamp WMA and SF I kill my first deer here. there is also turkeys, grouse, snow shoes, and duck hunting and some good bass fishing. I hunted Keeney 2 years ago on Thanksgiving day with one of my sons and when we left I drove around and we were the only car there.

Thanks Larry, I look forward to getting out there on Sunday and see what wants to make an appearance. You sound like one of the guys I hunt with - we call him a " Jumper " seems like he drives 10 minutes away in every directions trying to find the deer. I stay true on the mountain I hunt, I have been hunting there for 14 years. I am very comfortable with the area- knowing all the terrain and exactly where I am. 

It is  a nice area ! Seems like the last 5 years the hunting population in my area has doubled. Guys all over- good to see more guys out there now a days, dissapointing when I let 2 small 6 pointers walk by me last year and heard them both get blasted by the same guy about 30 seconds after seeing them. I am not an advocate of " If its brown its down" . Good luck this season out there !  

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Taylormike, Good to see fellow hunters in 9P on here. I unfortunately haven't made it out yet, I will be out the last weekend of October. I am really looking forward to see what the cameras show, and what I see in person. 

Congrats on owning your own slice of heaven, I am definitely in search of my own piece also ! 

• Like 1

Thanks bud!  Good luck.   The best thing I ever did was purchase my own property.  It's only 24 acres but it feels surreal at times.  My Brother and I split everything from initial purchase, stone, electric, trailer and taxes.  I feel lucky that we both can afford it and have a great relationship, it works flawlessly.  I don't know how people can do it alone.

I appreciate that, same to you and your bro ! 

That is pretty funny- my brother and I are best of friends and also hunting partners looking to split a property also. I agree, especially people with hundreds of acres, I admire them very much. 24 acres sounds perfect ! I had a sign at the Inn this summer looking for land, land/cabin. Some one removed my sign though, need to put another one up.

• Like 1