Final Touches

DirtTime

Put up a rope and hung my hunting clothes outside ( again ), gave a dose of Sawyers, and let them hang in the wind for about 6 hours. Left the tree seat ( that I found after moving ) out, and the camo burlap to get the smell of fresh air.

Not sure what else to do at this point. Nothing for me really. Bow is shooting well and the guy shooting the bow is doing his part. Scouted two new areas the past couple months near me, feel I am ready.

Everyone else set for Saturday? Any last minute things you need to do or want to do?

• Like 1

Charging up Schatz's collar and washed her blaze vest.

Putting her emergency kit together, neosporine, bandages and tape, tick remover.

Getting my vest together, probably 16 ga. shells, water bottles, my lite blaze hat.

Footwear will probably be uninsulated Muck's, it's gona be wet!  

Birds or no, off a 'huntin we will go!!!!

1 hour ago, ApexerER said:

I am hoping to run to the field and stream store today...I want to get a tree umbrella and some evercalm. Hopefully I will have time tonight to get my gear out and washed...Otherwise I will be scrambling tomorrow.

$20 for the stand umbrella, saw them there yesterday in henrietta.

• Like 1

I was totally slacking this year and just picked up my license today. Work has been nuts lately so I kept dropping the ball on getting it.

Other than that I'm pretty much good to go. I need another bow hanger for one stand but that can wait until I can make it to field and stream as walmart had absolutely NONE left today. I also want to pick up one of those ever calm sticks to try out.

O and I did grab a camo portable cell phone charger so I don't have to worry about my phone dying in the woods in the first hour and my wife getting pissed when I don't text back. My iPhone battery is shot and dies within a hour. Ordered the new iPhone 7 but won't be in for 2 more weeks. But these portable chargers are neat little items to have!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Well I wanted to shoot this morning before work but I couldn't get my Butt out of bed early enough...long night and head colds suck. But I'm sure the bow is good to go.

I did manage to score a sweet deal on the matching wool pants to my cabelas wool jacket last night on archery talk though. I have two cold weather jackets but no pants to go with either one. Finally will have a matching set! Lol. Made me pretty happy that's for sure

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk