Burmjohn 2016 Deer Hunting Journal

burmjohn

15 minutes ago, burmjohn said:

Was not a fun time at first, thought it was a gone deer. Had no blood it all pooled up inside him. Got part gut and part lung.

How far did he go John? Sounds like you had you had your hands full with that tracking job!? Warm day, so I bet time was of the essence to find him and get him in the cooler!

How far did he go John? Sounds like you had you had your hands full with that tracking job!? Warm day, so I bet time was of the essence to find him and get him in the cooler!

About 400+ yards and not directly. He was actually not far from the cabin once we found him.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

• Like 1

17 hours ago, LET EM GROW said:

Congrats on the buck, hes a nice one.

Is this a stand or the back deck? If a back deck, id love waking up that every morning!! 

If stand, sure looks comfy! lol

Its my stand. One I worked on for 3 + years.  First year was the deck / tower i built with my brother, 2nd year I did the railings, 3rd year I did a little hut on top thanks to my buddy @Fairgame  who gave me some recycled windows and amazing help getting it complete in a few hours.

Bonus pics below.... After a long walk of tracking that buck and getting a rest, I had to strip down to my boxers and cool off... LOL... Also attached a panorama pic of the stand view, you can see it was just logged (logger left today).

IMG_20161016_152518.jpg

PANO_20161018_074155.jpg

• Like 1

15 hours ago, growalot said:

John , Do you know that

Luck is just another name for hidden skill. :wink:

Well that hidden skill is the first time it showed itself.  I've lost two deer in my life and I thought this was going to be the third. Oddly enough ALL on this property and over the last 5 years.   How do I bang a dear down at 16 with a bow and have so much trouble 20+ years later?  So glad we found him. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...