Weird encounter this morning

TheGreatEight

So I'm in the perfect stand for the wind this morning. The spot I'm hunting is very thick and hard to see further than say 50 yds,(esp during the early season). So around 8:15am this morning I hear a deer blow directly in front of me, maybe 60-70 yds away. Next thing I know two does come flying out of a thicket full flag and run 20 yds by my stand. Not 5 seconds later a nice buck comes running by right behind them. Almost like he was CHASING them. Needless to say they were gone in a flash, no chance for a shot. This is completely boggling my mind. Either:

1. One of the does (somehow) winded me and the buck just happened to be hanging around them, or;

2. That buck was hounding those does for some reason

I've never seen anything like it this early in the season. Usually bucks are not hanging around does like that, let alone chasing them. It was totally bizarre. Thoughts??

I also had a fawn wandering around by itself. Saw it two separate times. I thought this was peculiar as well. Maybe something happened to mom. Not AS strange but still...weird morning