What's your one best piece of gear ?

JimR

I just put a new coat of mink oil on my old Sorel Chieftans. I could almost hear that old leather sigh with relief for getting some moisture restored to it. Those boots must be at least 25 years old, and I have never even had the urge to shop for replacements. Those boots have kept me warm and dry in the worst weather I have ventured out in.I have a few favorite pieces of gear some newer, one or two older (hand me downs from my Dad) but I can't think of a better purchase I have made than those boots. Curious to see , what is that one best thing for you ?

• Like 1

Without a doubt, my Leica  8x42 binoculars....

They were invaluable when I was doing a lot of out of state big game hunting..

Now I use them deer hunting, turkey hunting, small game hunting, bird watching  , sunbather watching, etc. etc.

There is no substitute for quality optics..

• Like 1

JimR, I would almost have to agree with you when I say my Sorrel packs were the most important piece of hunting gear I ever bought. Once I had them, I allways had warm feet, so the rest of me stayed warmer. I wasn't so distracted and could concentrate on hunting more. I had my first pair for about 25 years before they were simply worn out.

Next most important , my first pair of goretex thinsulate gloves.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, moog5050 said:

Darn it, now I have to go out and buy Law's brain.  Hopefully I can find one on clearance.

I believe you can find them marked down at Harbor Freight, and you get a free flashlight as well !

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Larry302 said:

I believe you can find them marked down at Harbor Freight, and you get a free flashlight as well !

That particular model has been around for a while so its no surprise its marked down.  The light is just icing on the cake.  Sorry Law, couldn't help myself.