What are you using this season?

Borngeechee

My cva wolf also whatever rifle I end up buying this weekend.  I've never owned a rifle aI'm leaning towards the  savage 111 trophy hunter  25-06 or 270 I want to make sure whatever I get is good enough for deer and black beart

Got a Savage 111TH in 270 a few weeks ago. Comes with a decent Nikon scope & ~$420 after $75 rebate. Only issue I've encountered is the magazine is a POS. Which also requires a certain technique for working the bolt action & ensuring subsequent ammo is chambered. Couldn't even remove the mag from the display model, so needless to say after opening the box on one I wanted - that was 1st thing I checked. Basic SOP & sure you know this - do NOT trust the bore-sighting claims made by the big-box store clerks, go to the range! Mine was bragged to be dead-on & 1/2" high at 100yrds out of the box. At the range the 1st shots were 6" high & 12" to right! Good thing I had a XL cardboard backer, 1st shots weren't even on the paper target like you'd expect if a gunsmith had bore-sighted it.

Edited by nyslowhand

Probably nothing this year, due to some medical issues.:negative:  If I manage to heal up over the next month I'll be carrying either the Savage .243 or the T/C pistol with the .44 mag barrel, depending on the density of cover I choose.

Edit: Best of luck to everyone!!

Edited by philoshop
  • Like 3

Probably nothing this year, due to some medical issues.kolobok_negative.gif  If I manage to heal up over the next month I'll be carrying either the Savage .243 or the T/C pistol with the .44 mag barrel, depending on the density of cover I choose.
Edit: Best of luck to everyone!!

Get well soon and get in the woods Philo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 3