Opening day success

Grizz1219

Well, started scouting the end of July... Running 6 cameras.... Had 4 8 pt's and 2 7 pt's on my hit list for bucks.... All through August had them showing up pretty consistently... then in Sept. they feel off the planet.. saw one here and there but mostly does and small bucks... I figured come the rut I might see one of the bucks on my list... First afternoon I am in my favorite stand, hoping to fill a doe tag on a big nanny doe.... pass on a spike at 3:00, deer are moving early for sure... 5:40 I look up, see deer moving towards me, check my bino's and see two smaller bucks, a 6 and a 4 moving towards me, a big doe bringing up the rear, grab the bow.... look back and see the 2 small bucks face off and spare, then split.... a 4th deer comes into view and it is one of the 8pts, he trots forward and takes the lead to my stand.. He comes by at 15 yards and I send the Slick Trick Mag through him... he crashes through the hedgerow out to the field... when I get to the base of the tree I can see him laying out in the field... he went under 90 yards....  Now it is doe only for me while I try to get the wife a deer and my buddy's 13 year old son his first.... 

Scouting pic then the hero shots... Remember, I'm not a "little" guy.... LOL

08010092.JPG

NY20168pt.jpg

NY20168pt1.jpg

NY20168pt2.jpg

• Like 33