2016 HuntingNY Bear Harvest Thread

WNYBuckHunter

Post up pics of your 2016 bear season harvest here!

Only pictures with the associated story will be allowed in this thread. If you want to congratulate someone, please do it by clicking on the "like this" button for the post. There will be no exceptions.

Feel free to start a new thread if you wish to have comments in addition to posting the photo / story here.

It was thanksgiving day a beautiful day to be in the woods I made my way to a new spot on the property that I scouted in the summer alot of deer activity and bear all of the scat indicated it was a prime spot so I sat untill 11 of course I didn't see any deer or bear only chipmunks and squirrels the party that I was hunting with 5 of us 2 were on the other side of the mountain and me and 2 others were on the other side about 3 quarters of a mile away we meet up to have lunch and come up with a new game plan the 2 guys on the other side of the mountain called and said they just saw a bear no shot they were very excited so we thought let's sit here the bear might come right to us after a hour of sitting nothing so we decided 1 man walk the top of the mountain 1 man skirt the side of the mountain and 1 man walk the bottom I decided to skirt the side 5 min into the walk I though slow down your going to fast so as I was creeping threw the woods I spotted the bear walking the side of the mountain I stopped he had no ideal I was there until I raised my marlin 30-30 he looked at me and I fired 1 went threw the shoulder just to make sure I fired again this 1 went threw the heart my buddies heard me shoot called me and I could barley speak bear I said he meet me right where I shot I didn't move we walked to wear I though i shot the bear about 50 yards no blood so I did a circle 10 yards later I found blood and 20 more yards there was the bear I yelled in excitement smiling from ear to ear this is a day I will never forget the memories created will last forever

Thanks for reading 

20171123_124623.jpg

• Like 10

• 1 year later...
On 12/8/2017 at 9:28 AM, KMurph332 said:

It was thanksgiving day a beautiful day to be in the woods I made my way to a new spot on the property that I scouted in the summer alot of deer activity and bear all of the scat indicated it was a prime spot so I sat untill 11 of course I didn't see any deer or bear only chipmunks and squirrels the party that I was hunting with 5 of us 2 were on the other side of the mountain and me and 2 others were on the other side about 3 quarters of a mile away we meet up to have lunch and come up with a new game plan the 2 guys on the other side of the mountain called and said they just saw a bear no shot they were very excited so we thought let's sit here the bear might come right to us after a hour of sitting nothing so we decided 1 man walk the top of the mountain 1 man skirt the side of the mountain and 1 man walk the bottom I decided to skirt the side 5 min into the walk I though slow down your going to fast so as I was creeping threw the woods I spotted the bear walking the side of the mountain I stopped he had no ideal I was there until I raised my marlin 30-30 he looked at me and I fired 1 went threw the shoulder just to make sure I fired again this 1 went threw the heart my buddies heard me shoot called me and I could barley speak bear I said he meet me right where I shot I didn't move we walked to wear I though i shot the bear about 50 yards no blood so I did a circle 10 yards later I found blood and 20 more yards there was the bear I yelled in excitement smiling from ear to ear this is a day I will never forget the memories created will last forever

Thanks for reading 

20171123_124623.jpg

where were you hunting? I was out turkey day damn it was cold!

• Like 1