Forgot your snack ?

fasteddie

Venison jerky, granola bars, wife makes monster cookies for opening week for me,  egg salad sammich, trail mix, are some of the usuals for gun all day hunts. On days I haven't taken snacks or eaten them early I've tried to convince someone on "live from the woods" thread to bring me back a pizza. Sadly nobody has taken the hint. The pizza delivery guys are wusses and won't cross the creek.

1 hour ago, Jeremy K said:

Open Pizza box in your lap in the treestand ,bow or gun set aside ,perfect recipe for seeing the buck of a lifetime ... and not be able to get a shot.

Order a pizza with a Corn Topping and the deer will show up . 

• Like 1

Snacks are usually things like those cracker sticks or crackers and dipping cheese, you know the stuff, it lasts for like 5 years and no refrigeration. This year gummy bears will be my savior for a couple weeks.

A guy once told me that of your belly grumbles and growls the deer will stay away thinking it's a bear. I said well I don't hold in farts, so the deer must think it's a bear with really bad breath.

Jerky, trail mix and kit-kat's! Now being diabetic, I tell my wife the kit-kat's are only for when my glucose gets low. But it seems like my glucose gets low A LOT, just sitting there!.......lol......now it's just our little secret! 

15 minutes ago, grampy said:

Jerky, trail mix and kit-kat's! Now being diabetic, I tell my wife the kit-kat's are only for when my glucose gets low. But it seems like my glucose gets low A LOT, just sitting there!.......lol......now it's just our little secret! 

If someone comes hunting with you and brings a banana, are they allowed to stay or is that bad ju ju?

• Like 1

Sitting in a tree stand to hunt is a celebration for me, so bring special snacks along. it's not quite a picnic, but close. It's nice to pack food and water before the hunt, then when I get settled in it's something to look forward to later in the day, good to know I have some good food there. Staying power to keep me hunting and comfortable.

Depends on how long I'm sitting for. But I always at least bring some water. Last weekend the kids went apple picking so I've been packing in a apple with me. Halloween candy tags along with me once that stuff is in the house. But I'm always a big fan of simple crackers with peanut butter. Just need a little something to regain focus on a long sit.

All day sits and hikes I'll pack a sandwich or two. Especially on cold days. Nothing better on those long cold gun season hikes than stopping for lunch and making a small fire to warm up by while you enjoy a sandwich and make plans on where to go next with your huntin buddy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1