Fisher cat

Rabbithunter1

Where are you guys seeing all these fishers? I've spent considerable time in ON, QC, NY and NJ woods and have only seen one. It was earlier this year about two weeks after I closed on my NY camp so maybe that's why I'm so protective. Still hoping for that wolverine before I die.

$30-40 for a pelt? Live trap one and bring it to me. I'll give you $50. 

• Like 1

Where are you guys seeing all these fishers? I've spent considerable time in ON, QC, NY and NJ woods and have only seen one. It was earlier this year about two weeks after I closed on my NY camp so maybe that's why I'm so protective. Still hoping for that wolverine before I die.
$30-40 for a pelt? Live trap one and bring it to me. I'll give you $50. 

So tier ny

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

38 minutes ago, stoneam2006 said:

So tier ny

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

I seen one just once  the season is closed in my area  anyway saw a fox last week first time ever pretty cool to see  not something I hunt don't even no exactly the regulations  on them anyway but I think it starts Oct 25th in my area 

Like to see a bobcat one of these days you never see them . 

13 minutes ago, LJC said:

I seen one just once  the season is closed in my area  anyway saw a fox last week first time ever pretty cool to see  not something I hunt don't even no exactly the regulations  on them anyway but I think it starts Oct 25th in my area 

First fox you've seen ? In woods or ever ? Cripes , we were seeing 2 on a bad day driving our hour drive turkey hunting in the spring. Some days as many as 5. Saw a couple while turkey hunting too. Wait til you have one bark as it winded you. The hair on the back of your neck will stand up and be like " what the heck was that ?" 

IMG_3769.PNG

IMG_3601.PNG

In Westchester? Lots of fox yotes and bobcats in both Westchester and Putnam. I get trail cam pics of bobcats but haven't seen one yet while hunting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8 minutes ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

In Westchester? Lots of fox yotes and bobcats in both Westchester and Putnam. I get trail cam pics of bobcats but haven't seen one yet while hunting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Iv seen the coyotes before more then once 

They are pretty common, they just dont show themselves to humans often.  Main diet is porcupines, so if you see them theres high chances you have fisher around as well.  They also need to be pelt sealed and only a handful of DEC officers can do this. A taxidermist or furbuyer legaly cannot touch them without the pelt seal.  I watched a Fisher and Fox play cat and mouse for a good 30 mintues last fall running around my stand.  That darn Fox tried for all it could to catch that fisher but failed.  I used to trap them on a regular basis as well years ago and it was a lot easier to trap them than fox or coyote.   Had to drive an hour to the Cortland office to get them pelt sealed.  Some years I was able to time it and meet the officer at an off ramp or rest area halfway or so.  You also need to fill out a furbearer possesion tag before getting the pelt seal.

Edited by wdswtr