Anyone make your own?

LET EM GROW

We used to be colt arms years and years ago.. I work in the tool room making compression molds, dies, injection molds, bearing isolators, punch press tooling you name it, whatever the company needs to make moelney we build it lol. I love my job

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, LET EM GROW said:

We used to be colt arms years and years ago.. I work in the tool room making compression molds, dies, injection molds, bearing isolators, punch press tooling you name it, whatever the company needs to make moelney we build it lol. I love my job

I miss building injection molds , now i'm a die maker for the auto industry , talk about completely different worlds of tolerances. 

9 minutes ago, LET EM GROW said:

I could imagine lol. Our injection molding process has been dwindling over the years..

I have a lot of hours spent making molds for almost every quaker boy call you see on the shelves , as well some really cool R+D stuff they never went through with.

8 hours ago, shawnhu said:

Any chance you made the molds for the .25 Marauder single shot tray?

5488e4e2806d388661fe38b5027f18f7.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not positive on that one.if go on how its made and watch video on how the co2 cartridges are made.its the punch and dies we make in stations 1-4 i believe

don't have access to that stuff really anymore.  so nope. if I did I'd make something similar to an EZ Press bow press for personal use.

back in college (engineering) I was on a snowmobile design team that competed in an SAE sponsored international engineering competition.  modified sleds to make them cleaner and quieter than production/factory sleds.  had a full machine shop across the hallway from our shop.  I made brackets, mounts, etc.  we made whatever was needed for the sled out of material that was laying around.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, dbHunterNY said:

don't have access to that stuff really anymore.  so nope. if I did I'd make something similar to an EZ Press bow press for personal use.

back in college (engineering) I was on a snowmobile design team that competed in an SAE sponsored international engineering competition.  modified sleds to make them cleaner and quieter than production/factory sleds.  had a full machine shop across the hallway from our shop.  I made brackets, mounts, etc.  we made whatever was needed for the sled out of material that was laying around.

Every year it seems I try to make my sled less economic,louder and faster.

• Like 2

That's pretty neat, I work in a tool room that services a campus for the mining industry, gas and oil, pneumatic, pharmaceutical, food you name it.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Jeremy K said:

Every year it seems I try to make my sled less economic,louder and faster.

yea that's usually the case.  this was a collegiate competition though so we had to make the best of trying to make a sled have better fuel economy, cleaner emissions, and quieter for the community its in.  some team members moved on to work for Polaris and other companies.  I believe our team had the first 4 stroke sled.  turbo'd and intercooled a scooter motor and then dropped it into a ProX Polaris race sled chassis.  it was equivalent to a 440 fan sled, crazy fuel economy, and with the hood closed you couldn't hear it sitting at idle with a normal conversation going on.  among other things the inside of the hood was lined with basically similar material a magic eraser is made out of.  hijacking the thread though so i'll leave it at that.