Letchworth

DanielT

On 10/21/2016 at 10:24 PM, Hang Em High said:

I have never hunted the park, I am about 1/2 mile South of the Damn - East Side of park. Looks like its going to be a wet morning, I plan on heading down to the tree at noon and stay till dark. 

Sounds like we hunt the same general area on the east side. I hunt there and a few miles to the south as well. The strong winds in the gorge had air currents swirling all over yesterday, so it was tough hunting. The river bottom is flooded (at least on the north end of the park). I have a trail camera up mid park on the bottom about 15 feet up a tree and 15 ft off the river bottom, I sure hope the water doesn't get that high. But I agree with Four Seasons, with all that thick willow bottom flooded, the deer will be on the hill sides....until the water recedes.  

On 10/21/2016 at 11:31 PM, Four Season Whitetails said:

Would love to hook up with some of you guys. I will be hunting the farm in the morning and over on the park later in the day.We spend most of our time on the West side but we did find some interesting areas over off the Parade grounds we will be hitting this season.

If ya see my Ram feel free to stop and chat.Good Luck All.

I was just coming out from a hike last spring and saw your truck go by, you had a big shed on the dash. Which cabins will your gang be staying at, maybe I'll stop by.

17 minutes ago, DanielT said:

imagejpeg_0.jpg
Passed on a nice 2 1/2...8pointer...thy as hard to do...but we have a lot of hunting left

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Nice! That is something I am still getting used to doing in the park.. up here a 2 1/2  year old is trophy material..lol

• Like 2

6 hours ago, genesee_mohican said:

I was just coming out from a hike last spring and saw your truck go by, you had a big shed on the dash. Which cabins will your gang be staying at, maybe I'll stop by.

Same shed different truck this year. We are at camp but rented a C Cabin for the week of shotgun for any extra guys that come down.  So far i have seen deer all thru the park. All small bucks so far but it seems the numbers are up this year.

Just got info that one of the new hunters staying here at camp just took a basket 8pt for his first deer ever with a bow.  Good Stuff!

Edited by Four Season Whitetails
  • Like 3

4 hours ago, DanielT said:

Hard for me too...but I did...might regret later in the week

Yeap..I've passed some nice 8s to end up settling for a 6 on the last few days......or get skunked on a buck...good luck!

• Like 2

4 hours ago, ncountry said:

Yeap..I've passed some nice 8s to end up settling for a 6 on the last few days......or get skunked on a buck...good luck!

Yup i let a nice 21/2yr old 8pt tonight live to hopefully make it one more year. There is truly a great number of game this year.  Every sit is showing some action.

• Like 2

Absolutely Four Seasons ! 

GREAT harvest DanielT !! Must have been tough passing that 8 pointer- looks like it paid off ! 

I never made it out this weekend, to much stuff going on home.  Looks like you guys are seeing some good action out there- real excited to get out there tomorrow ! I will be there from 1p.m.- dark for the first sit of the year. If you need any assistance out there let me know. 

• Like 1

Saw some does on Sunday night, but no real shot.. Was able to get out of work yesterday at noon and head back over to same stand.   I had a nice 3.5 yr old 9 pt in front of me, but couldn't get it done.. I spent this evening doing some road riding on both side of the park and saw a lot of deer bucks and does..  I can't get back over until Sunday for the day..  Then have to work Halloween thru the 3rd.  We get into the cabin the 4th and are there to the 12th.  I am thinking I saw so many deer because of the bottoms being flooded.  Havent seen it flooded like that since hurricane Sandy.  How,bout you?

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, DanielT said:

So small 6 point this morning and two big does... the does were a little too far out for my comfort zone
Seeing deer on almost every hunt though

Did you shoot one a couple Days ago? Remember seeing pic don't know if it was you lol

Edited by BigVal
  • Like 1

Today there is a large police training  exercise in the park , my friend is in it with the MCSD , he does mounted patrol .Just an FYI .

Saw them...there were at least 10 to 12 MCSD...trucks and trailers went by me...very cool

• Like 1