Stoneam2006 2016 hunt and trap

stoneam2006

Congrats on the deer stone! Not sure what phone you have, but that's one of the reasons I went with an otter ic case for my iPhone. I've dropped my phone a couple times out of the tree and no issues. Only problem is my phone has camo on it, so it can be hard to find haha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I have Samsung note 5 with otter box. Idk how but didn't crack case or anything. But busted screen. But it's just a thin plastic layer 9ver screen. I'm assuming it mush have hit the roots just right. I've dropped everywhere crashed dirtbike with in pocket never a issue. Just pure bad luck that it broke I guess. Just glad it didn't trash whole phone bc I don't have inaurance. And glad the 0hone repair guy in town had a screen that fit in town. Amazing h9w fast he fixes them

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

• Like 1

1 hour ago, stoneam2006 said:

I have Samsung note 5 with otter box. Idk how but didn't crack case or anything. But busted screen. But it's just a thin plastic layer 9ver screen. I'm assuming it mush have hit the roots just right. I've dropped everywhere crashed dirtbike with in pocket never a issue. Just pure bad luck that it broke I guess. Just glad it didn't trash whole phone bc I don't have inaurance. And glad the 0hone repair guy in town had a screen that fit in town. Amazing h9w fast he fixes them

Wow i surprised! Usually the otter box can take that kind of abuse. At least its fixed though.

• Like 1

Please give me tips or pointers if you have any never trapped fisher

I never trapped and don't know the laws. But I know they eat porcupines, so If you get one of them can you use it as bait?

I never trapped and don't know the laws. But I know they eat porcupines, so If you get one of them can you use it as bait?

I would have to look it up but I assume so...I know fisher really like beaver I'm going to trap some in Nov when season opens and freeze for next year

• Like 1

On 10/24/2016 at 4:54 PM, stoneam2006 said:

Yea shocked me I've dropped it on concrete at work 1000s of times this one must just have hit perfect spot

I broke the clip on my Otter Box . Thought I was going to have to buy another one but was able to find the holsters on EBAY for $3.99 plus shipping and $2 off if I bought 2 so I did . Mine is also camo but enough Orange so it shows up . 

Congrats Stonearm ! 

• Like 1

Stoneam2006.......I'm no fisher expert by any stretch of the imagination , but this has worked for me.

Take whatever bait your using and rub it vigorously up and down the leaning pole before you attach it behind the 220.

Add a small amount of call lure (not too loud) near the bait. My theory is the call lure brings him around , and when he smells the leaning pole , he'll run right up thru your 220. Kind of like a scent trail for him to follow. I love making those sets and crossing log sets. A good area to trap them is along the edges of a conifer forest. Here's a set a made a few years ago. Best of luck.IMG_0365.JPG

• Like 2

Stoneam2006.......I'm no fisher expert by any stretch of the imagination , but this has worked for me.
Take whatever bait your using and rub it vigorously up and down the leaning pole before you attach it behind the 220.
Add a small amount of call lure (not too loud) near the bait. My theory is the call lure brings him around , and when he smells the leaning pole , he'll run right up thru your 220. Kind of like a scent trail for him to follow. I love making those sets and crossing log sets. A good area to trap them is along the edges of a conifer forest. Here's a set a made a few years ago. Best of luck.IMG_0365.JPG

I learned the hard way that I should have bought the brackets....pita trying to do it without them

Is the white normal? Man I wanna catch one bad lol
And I used nails they worked ok but I imagine the bracket makes it so much easier especially when working neck high lol

What the hell is that thing? Looks ferocious

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Any of you guys ever heard that supposed Fisher cat screech in the woods....it's not really proven to be true but people say it may happen during a kill or mating.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Never heard it personally know someone who claims to have...

Nothing in traps today did see small buck on hoof about 1030 good luck all

11 hours ago, stoneam2006 said:

Sweet I just want one for a mount until the dec pull their heads out and either give us full season or at least move the season later in winter

last years deer meeting with DEC tagging along they brought up bobcat and this year they went off on a tangent with fisher as a focus.  so I guess something might be coming down the road but DEC makes every road pretty long.

last years deer meeting with DEC tagging along they brought up bobcat and this year they went off on a tangent with fisher as a focus.  so I guess something might be coming down the road but DEC makes every road pretty long.

Yea at least we have a season now even if only 5 days in the middle of rut lol...better than nothing