Days gone by

Jmp209

Might catch hell for this one, but how about the plastic push stick box turkey call? Sounds like finger nails to a chalkboard.. 

Knight & Hale fighting purr system.
Say what you will, but I've seen many a thunder chicken lured in to his demise by them. If you didn't have one strapped to your guns forearm then you were missing out.
I remember watching the VHS tape that came with the calls when I was 9 or 10
  • Like 1

Knight & Hale fighting purr system.
Say what you will, but I've seen many a thunder chicken lured in to his demise by them. If you didn't have one strapped to your guns forearm then you were missing out.
I remember watching the VHS tape that came with the calls when I was 9 or 10

I have the wooden ones still from kid years, they sound great .. but the plastic ones just never sounded right to me lol

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

30 minutes ago, Culvercreek hunt club said:

we always used the bib Malones. 

s-l1000.jpg

Hey I got a pair of these I still use. When it gets down to the late season and 5 degrees out and two feet of snow they are almost worth how heavy they are!!

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Fletch said:

Hey I got a pair of these I still use. When it gets down to the late season and 5 degrees out and two feet of snow they are almost worth how heavy they are!!

I had a red and black plaid Woolrich long coat as well. very warm, wish I still had them. But in a driving rain I bet the bibs and coat had to weight 150# when they finally soaked through...lol 

• Like 1

My old Bear Super Kodiak recurve, sent off to Cabelas to purchase it back in the late sixties when they were still just mail  order. Started out shooting Port Orford cedar arrows then fiberglass and on to Easton aluminum. Don't really bowhunt much any more, got rid of all the compounds but I still enjoy shooting the old Bear recurve at my target setup in the back yard. Actually got to meet Fred Bear at a Shot Show back in the late seventies.

Al

001_zpsnhp7hc03.jpg

Edited by airedale
  • Like 5

My beam balance powder scale is a Herter's along with some of my other reloading accessories that I still use.

It was an entertaining catalog to read, with extensive write-ups on HERTER'S products and how wonderful they were.

I had a 1966 Herter's catalog too, but, like many other things  I lost track of it after my divorce.

• Like 1

There is no way that I could list all the crap that I have bought over the years. I have drawers full of sights, arrow rests, releases, stabilizers,  finger-guards, arm guards and all kinds of gizmos and go-fasters. I also have a wall full of bows (11 of them) that were all high end bows in their day. Also, I have an assortment of arrows that I cannot get both of my hands around. We're talking thousands of dollars. I used to be one to chase every fad going. Then one day I realized that the first compound that I ever owned had taken more deer than any of the bows that followed. The old Bear Whitetail Hunter with wheels everywhere and eccentrics and steel cable and those heavy old indestructible epoxy limbs that you could use as a pry-bar, actually killed more deer and just as dead as any of the abandoned bows hanging on the wall that I bought after the fever began and I started thinking I could buy guarantees.....lol. I put an end to buying archery equipment since then but I can't bring myself to throw out any of the trinkets that fill those drawers. They're all are memory joggers of the glory-years of my bow-hunting and shooting.

• Like 4

26 minutes ago, Doc said:

There is no way that I could list all the crap that I have bought over the years. I have drawers full of sights, arrow rests, releases, stabilizers,  finger-guards, arm guards and all kinds of gizmos and go-fasters. I also have a wall full of bows (11 of them) that were all high end bows in their day. Also, I have an assortment of arrows that I cannot get both of my hands around. We're talking thousands of dollars. I used to be one to chase every fad going. Then one day I realized that the first compound that I ever owned had taken more deer than any of the bows that followed. The old Bear Whitetail Hunter with wheels everywhere and eccentrics and steel cable and those heavy old indestructible epoxy limbs that you could use as a pry-bar, actually killed more deer and just as dead as any of the abandoned bows hanging on the wall that I bought after the fever began and I started thinking I could buy guarantees.....lol. I put an end to buying archery equipment since then but I can't bring myself to throw out any of the trinkets that fill those drawers. They're all are memory joggers of the glory-years of my bow-hunting and shooting.

My first compound was the Bear Whitetail Hunter ..... really liked that bow at the time and was successful with it. Not sure what happened to it.

Edited by peepsight