Doubled up with Wooly!!

dalo143

Thanks everyone!

I'm going to wait and let Dalo tell her side of the story and give the weights and measurements, but I can't hold off any longer with some pics!

All I can say is, for as much fun as we were having BEFORE the turkeys showed up, we should have absolutely, positively, not even seen a SONGBIRD let alone kill two nice gobblers to top things off!

Hands down this turned out to be my most cherished hunt I'll likely EVER have! Just an amazing day to share a blind with sis!

HUGE congrats to you Dalo, and I can't wait to see that bad boy stuffed on your wall! Thanks for the great hunt sis and I can't wait till you do it again this deer season!

DSC_0126.JPG

DSC_0062.JPG

DSC_0075.JPG

DSC_0112.JPG

DSC_0098.JPG

DSC_0127.JPG

• Like 27

Ok Guys here's Wooly and my crazy turkey hunt this morning!  We start off nice and early hoping for the best, get situated in the blind and heck have a few snacks!!  We were sitting out there about alil over a hour or so and Wooly was getting antsy, we weren't seeing anything yet keeping each other pretty entertained playing around with the turkey calls.  About another hour or so goes by and Wooly says he sees turkeys coming in. I was kicked back in the blind like I was lounging in my lazyboy!!  It wasn't a good shot for me where they were so he helps me get the gun out the other window of the blind, I was tipped in my seat chair going sideways and finally get a chance for a shot... bam! the shot went off and I got him tipping back in the chair onto my brother with excitement!!!  I did my ritual pummeling him with hugs practically knocking him over!!  I said OMG I got him lets go get him,  Wooly then says hey I can one too!!!  Since there were 4 in the flock that came in 2 headed up the ridge and 1 headed down around to the front of us.... that was his moment to get one too!  My shot was at about 20 yards or so.... I ended up with a beautiful tom with a 8 1/2" beard 1" spur weighing in at 19lbs!! I can only thank wooly for another amazing hunt today, without him I wouldn't have been out there having a fantastic time and making another great memory for our books!!!  We took him off to the taxidermist for a awesome wall mount to be proud of for my living room wall, I'll always look at him now on the wall thinking of our great  fall turkey hunt!!  Thanks a million bro I love our adventures and can't wait for deer season to start so we can do it up all over again!!IMG_0027.JPGIMG_0028.JPGIMG_0031.JPG

• Like 15

You rock sis! I never imagined hunting with you would be this much damn fun!

Hell, I was ready to go kill some squills and I think I mentioned that a time or three,lol

Our set up was kinda goofy. I brought and set up 2 jakes and a hen deke just 5 yds out the blind window. I spotted those birds coming in from 50yds away, but they got spooky when they hit 20yds but sis couldn't get a shot and I wouldn't let her move since I could see from my seat but she couldn't.

We let out some crazy calls before hand on the new pot call sis bought before season. She was learning to call, and I was bored so excited cutts, yelps, and clucks where what we hit them with. We basically used full blown spring tactics to kill these two fall birds. I know that's not how you're supposed to hunt them in the fall, but it kept things fun and interesting... not to mention successful!

Pretty sure you guys know by now how I kinda like to try different off the wall tactics to see what kind of results I get.

Both birds were full of wild grapes or blueberry looking fruits. I don't know what they were, or where they found them on the property but they were practically falling out their beaks.

I still haven't measured mine up. It's just not important to me at this point. He was much lighter than dalos bird, but that's the only one that really matters to me.

I was getting real bored with hunting. Now I just think I was getting real bored with hunting ALONE!

I'm excited to have a student so eager to listen, learn, and experiment the way baby sis does. I's so happy she was rewarded with the prettiest one of the flock!

• Like 13