Rut!

LowClimber

I have one rub on the way into my treestand that has been there a couple of weeks. I don't go searching this time of year either. I make a b line for my treestand and then back out. I have seen a doe and fawn several times hunting. Saturday morning they were together, Sunday morning I believe (not positive) I saw them both and they were in the same area but no longer tied together. If I knew momma was gong to push off the fawn on Saturday night (or whenever) she would have gotten an arrow instead of a pass on Saturday morning. Saturday morning a saw the first buck from the stand moving during daylight. A small 3pt. I thought about using some doe esterous this weekend but decided against it being so early.

I had a rub and a scrape rite behind my camera. It was not there Monday when I changed SIM cards (came back Sat)I left a note to ask him to please do it in front of the camera , what nerve.... I know he'll read it and comply. Saw a few others rubs and scrapes around too. Also saw a buck chasing a doe across a main rd

• Like 1

found 10-15 scrapes in the normal areas i hunt and find them each year. 20-30 different rubs. mostly smaller trees and all seem to be done on the side of the trees they enter the field from. Makes me think i need to hunt mornings there more often. Camera is now on the main scrape in the field that i had 12 different bucks visit last year.  

• Like 1

Welcome to hunt ny. I live just outside the city of Rochester but hunt 8g. There's a reserve at the end of my street where deer feed at night. I glass 2-3 nights/week and would agree bucks are still together and the mature bucks are fairly nocturnal.  Some bucks bumping heads but not paying attention to does. But my scrapes have been getting hammered so here we go.. Good luck!

8a scrapes and rubs galore, I grunted a buck in on Tues but it was just around legal light and I couldn't get a good look I had boot pads with fresh doe pee once he hit my track h r turned n left...20 min later I buck grunted in two doe.. no shots...later that same day different stand same two doe ran up on me trying to snack on cookies looked like something was chasing the or spooked em...no shot...I dropped my cookies... but 3 hours later I fuck grunted..a lot at a doe out 80 yrds brought her right in. No bucks sighted yet still seem to be night taunting my cams

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Not much to report in eastern 3M, seeing does and fawns still in family groups, only buck activity still seems to be at night although bachelor groups seems to have broken up.  Was out during the early part of yesterday's snow and used a "young buck" grunt a few times with no response, not that I was surprised.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, ATbuckhunter said:

Saw 3 bucks sparring yesterday and one 8pt buck that came in on a string to 11 yards to a grunt call yesterday. Saw my first scrape of the season and more rubs than last week. Id say solid pre rutting activity. We're like a week or two away from it blowing open. 

I completely agree.  Around the 7th-15th should be great!

• Like 2