Rut!

LowClimber

I watched a spike and a shooter 10pt chase and harass 6 does this evening. They ran them ALL over the field! I felt bad for the does! The does just wanted to feed, but the bucks wanted to breed!! :rolleyes: First time this year!

Edited by Cabin Fever
  • Like 4

Every year is different from what I've seen the last few years. Three years ago on Oct 31 we  had a ton of big buck sightings in our area and I saw a beauty at 2 in the afternoon on a 65F day, then it quieted down a few days later.

Two years ago I saw a bunch of big ones on Nov 14th and 15, the week before gun, but it had been quiet up until then. Last year was spotty. This season so far has been quiet as far as seeing mature bucks roaming during daylight hours for me. So, it has to kick in any day now. I know one thing.........I used to think the first week of Nov is the week to take vacation, but I'm changing that to the second week of November. It sure takes patience!!!

They said with this new moon cycle it will be earlier, I haven't seen any chasing but definitely earlier and more pronounced than last year. I shot my 6 point on the last weekend of bow, and he was chasing the doe something hard. I also shot my 10 point the 2 week of gun chasing a doe it was close to those first 2 weeks of regular season that was the peak rut from the activity I saw.

8H. Yesterday I saw 14 bucks including some really nice ones on their feet at all hours of the day. Running , fighting , seeking . Only 4 does the whole day though , but the bucks were sure looking for them.

Edited by Larry302
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, Larry302 said:

8H. Yesterday I saw 14 bucks including some really nice ones on their feet at all hours of the day. Running , fighting , seeking . Only 4 does the whole day though , but the bucks were sure looking for them.

Wow! I've gone  1/2 dozen seasons before without seeing that many bucks..lol

Now that I hunt a couple weeks downstate I see many more. not sure if ever seen 14 in a  day though . 

• Like 1

Im getting more bucks on cam (6 in one week) but most at night. Only one came in legal light, but he was a real big buck. Maybe ill have a shot at him, but i have a feeling the landowner will get him with his crossbow. All good though...his wife wont be happy about the 600 dollar taxi bill though. 

Hello everyone

Also a newbie here and look forward to creating new friends and learning from all of you. I have been hunting for many years and recently move back to the area where I grew up. I love archery and rifle hunting for deer and also coyote hunting and I also make coyote and turkey calls. 

I have seen very little Rut activity to date with the exception of some rubs starting to be worked lately. The area I hunt has taken a very steep decline in population recently, possibly from coyotes.

Dave

• Like 1

In eastern 3M, it still seems dead.  had a doe and button buck under my stand yesterday and Mama and two baby girls came in pretty fast and on the wrong side of me just as I was reaching for my bow to pack up and head out.  Still haven't seen a set of measurable horns.   Feeling like 2015 all over again.  I've only been hunting this area for 2 years, so I still have a lot of nuance to figure out, apparently.

Congrats to everyone else seeing and shooting deer!

In eastern 3M, it still seems dead.  had a doe and button buck under my stand yesterday and Mama and two baby girls came in pretty fast and on the wrong side of me just as I was reaching for my bow to pack up and head out.  Still haven't seen a set of measurable horns.   Feeling like 2015 all over again.  I've only been hunting this area for 2 years, so I still have a lot of nuance to figure out, apparently.
Congrats to everyone else seeing and shooting deer!

Seeing the opposite in eastern 3M. Last week the bucks started cruising and 2 weeks ago I saw 4 bucks in one day. I'm thinking this weekend is going to be killer for sure!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk