Rut!

LowClimber

Interesting, thanks ATB...maybe I just suck at stand placement/selection and should revert tying flies again, rather thanwait until January or February.  Back out in the AM.

Friday will be horrible with 20 mph winds, so probably final rifle scouting and, dare I say it, stand placement.

Saturday and Sunday...back at it again with planned (and wife/daughter approved!!!) dark to dark sits.

• Like 1

Haven't seen any rut activity in 3n or 3s at all, been hearing about the small guys chasing. Hopefully it breaks open this weekend

I know of good chasing going on in Mahopac, Carmel, and Cortlandt Manor. Where are u at?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

been hearing reports of good amounts of chasing all over the westchester area, some wood patches get it more than others so it may be hit or miss, they are on their feet during the day time tho.  Buddy this morning hunting in 3S said his resident doe with 2 fawns was absent this morning and the 2 fawns where feeding alone.  Some breeding is taking place.  Other buddy watched a buck breed a doe in front of his stand last weekend. 

• Like 1

I'm in 7r and its on here. Had buck chasing a doe all around me for almost 45 minutes on Sunday until a mink chasing a rabbit spooked them. Almost hit a buck everyday this week on my way to or from work.Farm that i buy hay from had a buck breed a doe in their field as well.

Man it happens fast...had three fawns run by my left I got ready to see if there was anything chasing them and in the field to my right I had 4 bucks chasing a doe. big 8, fork horn, Spike and a scrappy buck with both sides of his rack broke off. his mouth was open and he was beat. Problem is, there is no bringing that big boy off of that doe. I grunted and the there small ones came, the big one just stayed on that doe. Hoping she circles...

Brought a buddy hunting in Cortland Manor and of course all the action was by his set. Big buck far off showed no interest in his bleats or grunts. Nice 8 point chased two does around and past his stand and stopped 13 yards broadside right at dark then ran around between us until well after dark. 15 minutes earlier and he would have had a chip shot at him. The seeking phase may not be full swing but it should break open any day. 

• Like 1