Screen names

Big Indian

Well , back in the 60's there was a movie with Paul Neuman called The Hustler . He played "Fast Eddie" Felson who was a pool shark . One of my fellow workers called me Fast Eddie and it caught on . I retired in 1998 but guys I hadn't seen in 20 - 30 years still call me that . 

• Like 5

Got two grandsons age 12 and 14. I was meant to be called Grand-pa but when the oldest started talking it came out grampy. That's what stuck. They are what keeps me young and my two best buddies! And that's what I'm called by them. Everyone else calls me Dave

• Like 9

9 minutes ago, grampy said:

Got two grandsons age 12 and 14. I was meant to be called Grand-pa but when the oldest started talking it came out grampy. That's what stuck. They are what keeps me young and my two best buddies! And that's what I'm called by them. Everyone else calls me Dave

My kids call you grampy too.  lol

• Like 4

Working in construction during the winter months I would always top off my layers of clothing with a BIG, heavy, wool hoody.

One of our supervisors started calling me woolybear and the rest of the gang followed.

I used woolybear as a handle on a lot of sites when I first started out online, but everyone shortened it and just called me wooly, so that's what I go with now.

Real life name is Matt unless I'm being questioned by law enforcement..., or a woman seeking answers to paternity questions,lol :dontknow:

• Like 15

NFA - Is a dedication to being safe up North where some never return.  Started with a posted sign about David Boomhower, he was found opening weekend of that year, think it was 1991.  My buddy said that's No Fooling Around and NFA was born. 

ADK is just a reference to the Adirondacks  Sounded better than GETSOME which is my nickname as I tend to go all out when I do something.  I did not want to sound imposing with NFA-GETSOME so NFA-ADK is what I used.  Reference from Full Metal Jacket movie but is more about a going all in when you do something.  If your going to be a bear, be a Grizzly!

Jeff

• Like 5

11 minutes ago, wooly said:

Working in construction during the winter months I would always top off my layers of clothing with a BIG, heavy, wool hoody.

One of our supervisors started calling me woolybear and the rest of the gang followed.

I used woolybear as a handle on a lot of sites when I first started out online, but everyone shortened it and just called me wooly, so that's what I go with now.

Real life name is Matt unless I'm being questioned by law enforcement..., or a woman seeking answers to paternity questions,lol :dontknow:

Construction nicknames are the best. My cousins buddy came on the job going on and on about how he was a purebred plumber because his dad, uncles, grandfather etc were all plumbers. My cousin goes "Ok take it easy Seabiscuit" and that guy has now been called Biscuit by everyone for 25 years!

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, wooly said:

Funny, I use the name Matt when being questioned.

• Like 9

just used my initials, I'm a hunter, and I'm in NY (dbHunterNY).  Reason for the description is that I was first on other nationally based hunting sites/forums and decided to keep the screen name.  My name is Dan and I suppose some have found me.  If you're a wiseass I suppose it could mean dumb bast*** hunter from ny.  at least give me the distinction of being from upstate ny and not nyc.

• Like 1