Good news or bad news

psygrad

You guys have been awfully quiet with the posts, I am sure because we're all out there. But I haven't heard any reports, I have seen a couple of small ones gave up the shot, but that's it. Seems like not seeing and not hearing from posts points me in the direction of bad news. Anyone?

It's awful early yet. Bowhunters got all excited when the start of bow got pushed up to Oct 1st, but I really wonder how many are really out there in force yet. I know my hunting has been kind of half-hearted. The heat is still here so a lot of my stands have been spent with that trickle of sweat working its way down my back. And then there is the bugs, which in a normal wet year would be so much worse. I'm not in love with deer hunting when all the leaves are still on. I don't like being surprised.  Also, there has to be some time devoted to all the fall chores around home. Just like spring, fall is a very demanding time of year.

So, I go out when I feel like it and think that I have all the winterizing jobs under control. I have a feeling that I am not alone in all of the complications added to the earlier start. Weather is starting to calm down a bit, so maybe I and others will start to hunt a little harder and boost up the take a bit.

In my case, it's a personal lull.

I tagged an early season doe last week, and am now doing my best to be patient and let the woods settle down, so I haven't been out.

The weather has also been an issue: warm, wet, and/or windy.

I was thinking a couple of days ago that Monday looked good, but now it looks wet and windy.

My plan is to hunt the first two weeks of November pretty hard and hope for a buck prior to rifle season. I'm hoping the weather cooperates with a few days of consistently cool, crisp, and calm mornings.

I'm all thumbs when using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

I tagged  a doe back on the  9th  just been warm  and to windy  not saying I haven't been out .I do go every weekend at least once but its only been for a am sit ....I plan on hunting all day sat the bucks are getting ready  but the does are not prob another week before they start .......good luck out there  be safe