Buck Beds

moog5050

8 minutes ago, grampy said:

Awesome set of pic's!! Cool looking buck too! Is he on your hit list?

Not really Grampy.  Looks like an up and comer 2yr.  Not saying I wouldn't shoot him on last day of bow, but not today.  Goal is 3yr plus, but do have a sliding scale come end of season.  lol  We also have yet to take a buck on this property despite having a few whoppers there over the past 3 years.  Right place right time.

• Like 3

Good stuff man, always wanted to put a cam on some beds that I've found on swampy points with a few rubs around em, but couldn't quite delegate a cam too it until I'm well off enough to spend more on acquiring more to cover multiple properties adequately ...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

perfect application for a cell cam.  saw them up on the facebook page.  imagine if you ended up getting bedding pics of him through for 2 or more years.  that'd be something rare.  not sure as though a young buck would claim a bed but could probably keep him identified.

perfect application for a cell cam.  saw them up on the facebook page.  imagine if you ended up getting bedding pics of him through for 2 or more years.  that'd be something rare.  not sure as though a young buck would claim a bed but could probably keep him identified.

36f0c947da98d6569e5642d76715785e.jpgf3cdd90bdd18c5801d9d0ff965c395b1.jpg689430a3709ec3ea4be73d2c9c06923b.jpg

More...

• Like 9

Interesting... Have you seen this before phade? I've never noticed them use the exact same bed before.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

Bedding areas are rarely chosen at random by bucks. This bed doesn't get much buck action 9-10 mos of the year. It is a doe bedding area and they come in to bed to check on does. There is almost always a scrape that pops up here too. I'm thinking it might be off frame this year. The licking branch got a little worn.

• Like 1