yesterdays turkey hunt...

growalot

So........... as I said the blind is behind the cam...first pic...look who walked by at ten yards just before I went to blind.... Next pic turkeys coming in fast right after I put fireball in my mouth and texted how dang hot it was...3rd pic is at the shot...one of those two in flight is what I shot at and believe hit fence wire ripping fletching off, sending arrow into twilight zone...4th ....This is what they did after the shot...milled about and slowly walked off...Oh well It was still fun and fencing ...FIXED!

PICT0028.JPG

PICT0031.JPG

PICT0032 (2).JPG

PICT0033 (2).JPG

• Like 6

I'm not actively calling anything right now...and  they haven't been consistent on travels. Though knowing turkey and surrounding pressure I knew they would hit the secluded clover over the open fields on a weekend and in the high winds and rains...I had a gut feeling about that fence wire but cleared it in practice, That said...on farther out shots...I did not anticipate them coming in so fast and so close causing me to have to lower my aim...I was sitting at the far back of blind to avoid being seen..wire is well out of way now...

ps.... ya that would have been exciting seeing him..I keep hearing these bucks grunt when I'm out , but was hoping a bit older...he'd have gotten a pass...I'm still in doe mode.

Edited by growalot

Nice story grow, wish your flock walked pass me Saturday. I had 7 longbeards pass by me @ 15 yards on their way to roost, i just couldnt shoot one, for the challenge and thrill they give me in during Spring. If it were a hen id gladly take one, our hen numbers to adult toms is way out of whack.