World Series starts tonight

Water Rat

BTW......This is the second year in a row that Pete Rose has been doing commentary. I thought he was banned for life. Maybe the new Commissioner is opening the door ?  I always hated him for beating up Buddy Harrelson in the playoffs. He's funny as hell doing the commentary with Alex Rodriguez and "The Big Hurt".

Braves fan since the early 90's...but used to always watch Cubbies games when I got home from school since all games at Wrigley were afternoon games until they installed lights...loved Andre Dawson and Mark Grace....and of course could never get enough of Harry Cary!

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Interesting news article on CNN, "What's happened since Cubs won a WS". Just to put this into perspective -Teddy Roosevelt was president, there were a mere 46 US states, Lincoln was assassinated only 43 years prior and Shoe-less Joe Jackson was a rookie. The Indians have a more recent MLB WS title, 1948. About the time us 1st wave of WWII baby-boomers were brought into this world.

History will be made, so it's not hard to root for either team! Seems like an expanded version (~6hr car-pool) for the mid-west of the famed 2000 "Subway Series".