How many lever fans out there .35 marlin for me

Recurver

I have a few high end rifles with very nice scopes, but my go to deer gun for the last few years has been my dads 50 yr. Old marlin 336 in 35 caliber. In those few years it has taken a bear and a few deer. Its compact, light and has whole lot of knock down power. I really dont see any need to use anything else.

• Like 1

My father used to have this old .35 Rem pump. I have no idea if what make or model it was cause I was a lot younger. All I remember is the thing had these spiral like grooves cut into the tube mag for cycling some how and it had a butt plate, no pad, so it kicked like a damn mule....loved it though and now that I'm older, I know that anything in the .35 caliber, be it Rem, Whelan, or Marlin, is one of the best all around calibers u can have for the NY State woods. In my opinion that is

got me an old one with a gold trigger 1972 John Marlin 336C in 35.  Inherited it from pop!  She's a deer hammer.  I did put a simple Bushnell red dot sight on it.  Fast handling rifle and the red dot is nice in thick cover when cross hairs get lost in the understory, a red dot is still visible.  

Edited by eagle rider

I personally don't have any levers but my dad has a Marlin 39A special edition 1 of 75. It's a sweet shooting gun and looks great with the gold accents. My next gun might be a lever, I've been looking at the marlin sbl.

As for 35 rem, I've also always wanted one of those. Ive been on the lookout for a rem 760/7600 carbine in 35 rem. 

I personally don't have any levers but my dad has a Marlin 39A special edition 1 of 75. It's a sweet shooting gun and looks great with the gold accents. My next gun might be a lever, I've been looking at the marlin sbl.
As for 35 rem, I've also always wanted one of those. Ive been on the lookout for a rem 760/7600 carbine in 35 rem. 

cc2186640809591efbca4ac55d3e1fac.jpg
Be patient it took me about 15 years to find one. The good thing is it cost me less than half what I figured it would.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1