New Hunter

Marluce

Hello! I'm new to hunting -- I've done a lot of reading (after hunter's ed) but don't have any close friends or family who hunt so don't have a mentor to learn from. I'm competent with a rifle. Wondering if anyone would be willing to take me out to watch and learn? I'd be really happy to just sit quietly in the woods and watch, love to be outdoors. I'd be really happy to do a lot of schlepping/dirty work, and to throw in beer/whisky for the trouble!

I'm in the southern Catskills area.

Otherwise, any advice for a budding rifle hunter?

I would love to help u out but unfortunately am pretty far. Best advice I can give you though is PATIENCE PATIENCE PATIENCE. And don't get discouraged. There are very few people who see more than one deer, or even ANY deer at all for that matter when they go out. I've been in the woods for 12-15 sits this year and today was the first time I seen a deer. 

It will come in due time and EVERY deer you harvest is a trophy and never let anyone tell you different.

Best of luck to you and stick around on here. You'll learn a lot from everyone and about 99% of the people on here are great men and women.

Hello! I'm new to hunting -- I've done a lot of reading (after hunter's ed) but don't have any close friends or family who hunt so don't have a mentor to learn from. I'm competent with a rifle. Wondering if anyone would be willing to take me out to watch and learn? I'd be really happy to just sit quietly in the woods and watch, love to be outdoors. I'd be really happy to do a lot of schlepping/dirty work, and to throw in beer/whisky for the trouble!
I'm in the southern Catskills area.
Otherwise, any advice for a budding rifle hunter?

Where in the southern catkskills are you ? You're in my neck of the woods

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk