NY Crossbow Letters of Support

tughillmcd

NYCC is collecting letters of support for Crossbow full inclusion into Archery Season. It begins with a letter to the Governor acknowledging his support in 2014 and requesting his continued support going forward.
Click the link below to sign an online letter, which we will deliver to Albany
Please share this with your friends!
http://nycrossbowcoalition.com/letter/

I don't support it. If I write that here I expect it won't be delivered to the governor, so perhaps I should write his office directly expressing my desire that crossbow remain a separate sub-season of bow. I know a great many people share my view on that.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
15 minutes ago, nodeerhere said:

U have to draw a bow! Takes skill so the deer don't see it done. Not just point and squeeze the trigger! That sure sounds like a gun to me! Put antler restrictions in that bill and I'll sign it. 

So what you are saying is you do not have to move a gun or crossbow to point it at right spot on the animal  or get it to your shoulder? just make sure it is pointed at deer. Guess I have been doing it wrong all these years cause I have never gotten a deer to just walk right in front of my gut so I don't  have to move it.And I always have to shoulder and aim it at the kill zone. You are also saying you do not want crossbow guys to kill a big buck instead of you. At least that is what you are saying by giving support if antler  restrictions are placed on them.

9 hours ago, stubby68 said:

So what you are saying is you do not have to move a gun or crossbow to point it at right spot on the animal  or get it to your shoulder? just make sure it is pointed at deer. Guess I have been doing it wrong all these years cause I have never gotten a deer to just walk right in front of my gut so I don't  have to move it.And I always have to shoulder and aim it at the kill zone. You are also saying you do not want crossbow guys to kill a big buck instead of you. At least that is what you are saying by giving support if antler  restrictions are placed on them.

And lets not think we dont have to know yardage or have to worry about deflection just like every other aspect of archery hunting. I can get a think to hold my bow at full draw and i would bet there are even scopes to be had if wanted bad enough.

In my opinion i dont know why someone with a compound would care if crossbow was included the full season when as it stands the crossbow has the best part of the archery season in the month of November?

• Like 2

Its cool to have a crossbow season but at the same time as archery ?
There to  different things  according to
New York Bowhunters Association.
http://www.newyorkbowhunters.com/xbow.html

NYBA has been around for years and barely has any members. They are a joke. Xbows will receive full inclusion sooner or later. NYBA is too worried about people shooting "their deer", bunch of clowns

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 3