Im going insane!!!!

NYBowhunter

Seems that hunting is on my mind 24/7 and its making me nuts...lol...Because im not hunting and  being stuck in my office all i can do to get my fix  is to listen to hunting podcasts all day, check this site periodically, check my weather apps. and  day dream about being in the stand. All these things just make the day drag on, Friday cant get here soon enough. Mind you i have been hunting for 30 years and it gets more and more addicting . Am i the only one this crazy?

Edited by NYBowhunter
Spelling
  • Like 6

Happy I am not the only addict!  lol  This is just something we as hunters have to deal with. 

I was really bad after I got my first deer in 2000 but not as bad as when I missed several over a 8 year span in this remote area!  Lucky for me it all worked out when I finally connected in 2010 with a brute.  Only problem is this did not cure my addiction but it did help me easy up on it. 

Right now a cold is keeping my spirit down, hope to clear up so I can hunt Friday - Monday. 

• Like 1

I'm with ya guy's! I just "KNOW" that within 30 yards of my best set up, right now. The deer are having a getting to know you social! With my best shooters calling dibs on the finest doe's!!!! I just know it!!!! I gotta get outa here!!!!

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, NFA-ADK said:

Happy I am not the only addict!  lol  This is just something we as hunters have to deal with. 

I was really bad after I got my first deer in 2000 but not as bad as when I missed several over a 8 year span in this remote area!  Lucky for me it all worked out when I finally connected in 2010 with a brute.  Only problem is this did not cure my addiction but it did help me easy up on it. 

Right now a cold is keeping my spirit down, hope to clear up so I can hunt Friday - Monday. 

Feel better NFA. 

This cold snap coming thru this week even got me more anzy than ever.

Can't make it out today, but am vigilantly checking the weather app to see what time the snow is expected tomorrow morning.  I'm thinking that if the snow holds off to just after sunrise, the does might be taking their time traveling back to their beds, and I hope to catch a trailing buck on his feet.  Also considering which stand to try out tomorrow...

Yeah, I'm at the office getting ready to...  Wait!  I just received an email from Wired to Hunt, so there's that to review now.

7 minutes ago, maytom said:

I have been sicker than a dog for 10 days now!!! Talk about being antsy or what!!!

I went out hunting one year in the late season after being sick for two weeks , was hacking up a lung and all kids of crap coming out of my lungs, still got in the treestand. Im just obsessed/crazy.

33 minutes ago, grampy said:

I'm with ya guy's! I just "KNOW" that within 30 yards of my best set up, right now. The deer are having a getting to know you social! With my best shooters calling dibs on the finest doe's!!!! I just know it!!!! I gotta get outa here!!!!

You got that right, i make up all these fairytales in my mind  of bucks chasing does around my stand. And without fail every year the biggest buck around tends to my mock scrape in broad daylight one or 2 days before  i get there..lol

• Like 1

It's a disease.  Like Jim Shockey says, if I'm not hunting, I'm thinking about hunting.  I tell my wife I am stuck in traffic on the way home from work, just so I can sneak a trip to Dick's to pick up a few "necessities".  Luckily, she lets me cure the disease regularly.  At lunch, I'm here writing this!  The last few weeks I've been getting out after work, driving three hours to hunt two hours...  Imagine how much worse it would be with a trail camera with wireless connectivity?

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, vcollaco said:

It's a disease.  Like Jim Shockey says, if I'm not hunting, I'm thinking about hunting.  I tell my wife I am stuck in traffic on the way home from work, just so I can sneak a trip to Dick's to pick up a few "necessities".  Luckily, she lets me cure the disease regularly.  At lunch, I'm here writing this!  The last few weeks I've been getting out after work, driving three hours to hunt two hours...  Imagine how much worse it would be with a trail camera with wireless connectivity?

same here leaving work early Friday to drive 3 1/2 hrs. But atleast i have the weekend . On my lunch as well, typing as i walk the streets of NYC...LOL

• Like 3

I embraced the suck last weekend all day Saturday in the rain just to be out there. Actually saw 8 does which was encouraging. Sunday morning was a great day with 5 bucks: 3 spike and 2 fours. Like NYBowhunter I'm trapped in the city mon-fri and would escape every weekend to up there if I could. Unfortunately I can't. I need to win lotto enough of this city job crap. It's eating into my hunting time.

10 minutes ago, BKhunter said:

I embraced the suck last weekend all day Saturday in the rain just to be out there. Actually saw 8 does which was encouraging. Sunday morning was a great day with 5 bucks: 3 spike and 2 fours. Like NYBowhunter I'm trapped in the city mon-fri and would escape every weekend to up there if I could. Unfortunately I can't. I need to win lotto enough of this city job crap. It's eating into my hunting time.

I agree, i always said i should have been born a farmers son. I dont mind  living in Brooklyn but im getting tired of this NYC  rat race and all its tourist. Gets old after a while. Got many more years to go before  i can retire...ugh.

• Like 1