Good card Pull 10-26-16

chrisw

Thanks guys, I would never stop smiling if I were able to put a tag on him, but some sick, twisted train of thought I am kind of hoping he makes it another year, could he have more potential? Will he be the same with more stickers? And if you want any deer spreading genes around it would be him.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

18 minutes ago, chrisw said:

Thanks guys, I would never stop smiling if I were able to put a tag on him, but some sick, twisted train of thought I am kind of hoping he makes it another year, could he have more potential? Will he be the same with more stickers? And if you want any deer spreading genes around it would be him.

Great way to look at it.  You win either way.

wow. im jealous. cant believe this is state land. Would you mind sharing what part of the state. im not looking for any specifics. i just dont have much private land access and need the encouragement of what possibilities exist on state land.  But i assume this is close to Farm land as i dont think that ever live long enough to get that big by me.

It's in unit 7M. It is in an agricultural type area but it's thousands of acres of state land in blocks in several areas of this unit. This piece doesn't get hunted too hard during archery if you're willing to travel more than 1/2 mile from your vehicle. I hate to say it but most hunters are lazy, this spot is just under 1 mile from the truck. I've run cameras closer to the Rd and only get smaller bucks and does, if I put the camera deeper than the average guy goes I get some good bucks. There's great deer to be had on public land, they just don't come easy.

• Like 5