Detached Shed/Office for Taxidermy ?

BizCT

Like others have said you could have someone build you what you want for less than buying one of the premade buildings. Material quality would be better most likely too. Any decent contractor out there could bang out this size building your talking about in a matter of a day or two. You could save some money and finish the outside and inside yourself if you want.

For heating and cooling I'd suggest one of the mini splits. It will cover both heat and cool and the new ones are really efficient. A mini split would work perfect for the size building your thinking about.

I'm most likely going to tear down my 2 car detached garage and start all over in a couple years. I'm leaning towards a metal building as they are usually significantly cheaper when you get into the bigger sizes like 30x40 etc. So I know where your coming from on planning ahead of time. I'm not concerned about cooling, but for heat I think I'm gonna be putting in a biomass boiler in the new garage and running the water lines underground back to the house to connect into my hot water system here. If you have a boiler system in your house now, you could technically heat your new building with it if it's gonna be reasonably close enough to the house.

Good luck on your planning and building! One last piece of advice....build it EXACTLY how you want it now so you have no regrets later. Even if it costs you 10% more than you planned, you'll thank yourself someday lol

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

We have a "No mounts above grade" policy here at my house. Vote was 1-1 but I lost the tie breaker somehow

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What a bummer.  I bet that forced you to finish the basement with a righteous man cave.  Pity.  

• Like 1

Why can't they go in the living room? That's where mine are and they won't be going anywhere else.

As much as I love my mounts, I wouldn't them in LR or even downstairs FR. it's not a hunting camp, it's a house.

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/2/2017 at 6:05 PM, The_Real_TCIII said:

We have a "No mounts above grade" policy here at my house. Vote was 1-1 but I lost the tie breaker somehow

LOL. I have no basement so I'd be in deep do-do! 

• Like 2