Team Legend 2016

First-light

Finally going to get up to the cabin Monday-Wednesday of next week to bow hunt. My brother and his son in law will be up on Sunday. My neighbor has been seeing a ton of bucks this year, the most he has ever seen. My brother stopped in last week to mow the lawn. He took a walk around the property and said it was loaded with scrapes. Maybe this is our year with the bow! We got two doe permits for the 4 of us. Good luck all.

That's not a lot of doe permits but may be why you're seeing so many bucks.  Trying to increase the doe in the area.  I'm in the same boat with no dmp tag for 8p except I've seen more doe than bucks and actually haven't see any bucks except for on trail cams a little.  I'm glad I also hunt 8n 8h where they give doe tags like crazy.  Have fun at camp.

Edited by Rockspek
  • Like 1

So I was only up for 1.5 days. My brother and his son in law were that for an extra day. The place looked great and there was a ton of scrapes on the property. In the past my group has been busted on for not being able to shoot that great with the bow and I agree…….this weekend was different when two of us connected with first archery tackle deer. Im proud of my brother and his son in law for making it happen. I came across a non typical 8 at 20 yards but didn't take a shot, just wasn't right. Her are some picts from the weekend.

IMG_0963.jpg

IMG_0907.3gp

IMG_0904.jpg

IMG_0997.JPG.jpg

• Like 4

• 3 weeks later...

Here we go! Brother has been at the cabin since Tuesday. He put a two man stand so his grandson can join him on opening morning, he is 6. My niece and her husband got up there Wed night and bow hunted yesterday. She was in my stand and had a real nice 10 pt at 40 yards. he didn't come any closer. They will hunt again today. I'm coming up this afternoon with a friend. Good luck to everyone. Btw my neighbor found a buck with its head cut off just off our road. We know of one bow shot deer that was never found in the area, hope it wasn't poached?

• Like 1