WNY Bowhunter

Here we go!!!

5 hours ago, LET EM GROW said:

the deer in 8F ive harvested might have a few and thats all..

Where I hunt in 8F I have never had one. We also hang them in the barn usually so when the body cools the ticks find somewhere else to go. In 8Y and 8X where I hunt I just sit in the tree and I have them crawling across my arm or hand.

• Like 1

Where I hunt in 8F I have never had one. We also hang them in the barn usually so when the body cools the ticks find somewhere else to go. In 8Y and 8X where I hunt I just sit in the tree and I have them crawling across my arm or hand.

Agreed, they are quite thin in 8F, and it seems the further south you go the worse they are. Idk why. Wouldn't think bigger woods would make a difference

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

• Like 1

We hunt 3 properties within a few miles of each other.  Only this one has ticks and lots at that.  Some type of plant holds them.  Specifically this stuff.   Not sure what it is. But when you walk through it, guaranteed to have ticks on you.  Like a ground vine

IMG_0193.JPG

20 minutes ago, moog5050 said:

We hunt 3 properties within a few miles of each other.  Only this one has ticks and lots at that.  Some type of plant holds them.  Specifically this stuff.   Not sure what it is. But when you walk through it, guaranteed to have ticks on you.  Like a ground vine

IMG_0193.JPG

I don't know as if we have that stuff.  I'd be having the local fire department do a controlled brush fire burn.  I'd be bare dirt with something else broadcasted.  little critters hosting tick rides are bad enough.  don't need a specific plant working like a train station.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://arforny.com

I have thought about spraying the area around my stands with permacetrin throughout the season in hopes to keep the ticks away but haven't committed yet. I do spray my yard for the dogs and kid. Haven't had a tick in my yard for sometime.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

On 11/4/2016 at 9:11 AM, LET EM GROW said:

If I harvest one this year lol I'll take a pic.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

I caped a 8P buck last night that was loaded with ticks. Not nearly as bad as Moog's though! 

"I'm not from New York. I'm a REDNECK from Western New York!!!"

"It's not a passion. It's an obsession!!!" - Mossy Oak

I asked my hide tanning guy if he saw any ticks on your deer...he said...man, the were sticking out everywhere! 

"I'm not from New York. I'm a REDNECK from Western New York!!!"

"It's not a passion. It's an obsession!!!" - Mossy Oak

Well Jason scored the Monarch.  You folks were close.  Net P&Y.   Yea!

IMG_0251.JPG

Edited by moog5050
  • Like 3