Rut Status Southern Zone

BKhunter

Yea lol. But I'm asking him where in 3N

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Town of Kent and Putnam Valley.

Had another 8 point yesterday morning by stand. Waiting for good shot. He winded my trail coming into stand and backed out. Also had 2 doe nearby but got downwind and winded me. Only stayed in woods till 10:30.

• Like 1

It's on I saw a few dead bucks on NYS thruway driving home yesterday. Also on the 10 th I sprayed some buck bomb doe estrous couple of times around my tree stand and at 1600 hrs I shot a spray into the air and was mentally drifting into space when a 6 pt came running literally to the base of my stand. Boy did he stink! I passed him up but he circled me for like 5 minutes and then very confused he walked away. Have used buck bomb before with no results at all. But this time it worked.

Spike i took a shot at today and had clean miss was pretty swollen up.did a grunt with snort wheeze and had him come in out of nowheres.wasnt seeing any deer so played with buck roar call i use.he walked around and grunted him right in as he kept going the opposite direction of where i was till he relized where the grunt was coming from ha

In 4P last Saturday I actually saw a 10 pt mount a doe. the first 15 seconds I was watching going I can't believe I am seeing this. the next 30 I felt like a perv. Yesterday I was in my stand scoping and saw the 10 and nice 8 about 10 minutes apart walking the same trail. I grunted and used antlers and they neve stopped or raise their heads. they kept walking fast in the same direction. 

On my camera from Thursday night and Friday morning I have a 5 and spike either fighting or playing can't tell and no one ran away. I love those video cameras.

I can't get back soon enough. can't wait till Friday and then Saturday morning opening day.

Now I have 2 neighbors putting tree stands right next to my property lines. But I can't complain I just my 10 point from last year on the wall this weekend ;)

• Like 1

In my woods in 8F I haven't seen any chasing yet in person. My cameras have picked up a few night time chases by little bucks. Saturday night I had four does with four fawns come by me. There was no buck with them. A little half rack came in and harassed them but didn't chase them.

HAvent seen any here in 3s hope for the weather to cool down some it was hot out there today

Temp not the issue. It's not like it's 80 out. They been moving everyday in 3N. The best may be coming soon though.

• Like 1

Temp not the issue. It's not like it's 80 out. They been moving everyday in 3N. The best may be coming soon though.

They are still moving but not like this past Friday. Had a 6 point slip by me at 70 yards around 3 pm. Everything seems to be going around me last couple of days. Got a pic of the buck I saw early Friday morning following a doe. Pic taken about 30 minutes before I got to my stand. Also pics I believe of the 6 point I saw today. IMG_3205.thumb.JPG.5845321eecc18a4828a89IMG_3207.thumb.JPG.f691b81edd412f5fd7dbaIMG_3206.thumb.JPG.899e8390f5d5aade1a594

• Like 1

They are still moving but not like this past Friday. Had a 6 point slip by me at 70 yards around 3 pm. Everything seems to be going around me last couple of days. Got a pic of the buck I saw early Friday morning following a doe. Pic taken about 30 minutes before I got to my stand. Also pics I believe of the 6 point I saw today. IMG_3205.JPGIMG_3207.JPGIMG_3206.JPG

Same with my dad. So close several times over the past week

They have been on lockdown with that full moon, I think it's going to work out in our favor come opening day, kind of like it did back in 97.

Hope your correct. 1997 was the year I took my biggest buck a 12 point.

• Like 1

Didn't see much activity this weekend Wound up taking a doe on Saturday night with the compound. At least I have some meat in the freezer. Like was said above I think this super moon messed them up. Hoping this weekend it's in full swing. I think also with the increased pressure in the woods you are going to see a lot of movement. Where I hunt not to many bow hunters around. Come the gun opener the amount of people in the woods I think will increase 10 fold and they will be pushed all over the place.