Rut Status Southern Zone

BKhunter

8H saw 14 bucks and 4 doe yesterday . Bucks moving all day long ( well one stopped moving for good...) monster buck knocking the crap out of a smaller one. Many young bucks and I'd say 5 that were 2 1/2 and older .

• Like 1

I had a buck following a doe yesterday and we took a decent buck that came into doe scent.  The young bucks could not stay away from the scent and doe in heat call.  Seems like the rut is real close and chasing should be in full swing this week!

• Like 1

Rattled in a nice 8 this morning. He came in and his nose was dripping. He came in cautious but determined. I think we're about 4-5 days from it blowing open

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hope your correct , took next week off. Back from Georgia with son hunting our lease. Record high temps all week there. Son got one last day. Work now and then hopefully NYS rut. Good luck all hunting and be safe.

Hope your correct , took next week off. Back from Georgia with son hunting our lease. Record high temps all week there. Son got one last day. Work now and then hopefully NYS rut. Good luck all hunting and be safe.

I think you'll have a few days at least if some real Rutting action. Got 6 new bucks on my cams so I'd say they're finally starting to shape up.

• Like 2

5S-. 11/5

5 different yearling bucks and one 2yr old feeding and checking scrapes. saw no seeking or chasing

4A-. 11/6

Several sightings of the sames 2 mature bucks (both slammers), running around with their noses to the ground like bird dogs, seeking, without a care in the world. Could not stop them, would not respond calls, only had one thing on their minds and that was finding a hot doe. 

Between 9 and 11am both days was best time. I've yet to see a buck running a hot doe, but it's good to see mature bucks actively seeking. Good luck to all. 

Any update in activity in the Southern Zone? Looks like temps are going to get nice and cold this week/weekend. Hoping I don't miss out. Getting up Friday morning around 10:30 and then will sit the remainder of the day, with an all day sit Saturday.

24 minutes ago, BKhunter said:

Any update in activity in the Southern Zone? Looks like temps are going to get nice and cold this week/weekend. Hoping I don't miss out. Getting up Friday morning around 10:30 and then will sit the remainder of the day, with an all day sit Saturday.

I think its just starting to be honest. You'll be into it pretty good this weekend. 

• Like 1

I think it is on full bore right now in WNY.   I killed a busted up 8-point (only had 5 points left) yesterday afternoon that I could smell when he was about 70 yards up-wind.  I almost hit a terrorized doe with my car as she bolted across the road on my way to work today.  A friend there killed a 152" 9-point on Saturday that was in hot pursuit of a doe.  This action was all in zone 9F.    

7h/j not seeing much of any rut sign. Trail cams clean. I saw one scrape this evening, not been visited in a while. One old rub this morning. Deer been hanging out together in the evening in a group of 8-10 on the other side of the field from tree stand. Mix of does and bucks. Grunt call has them raising their heads for a half a minute and back to grazing.  Not looking close here. I thought this week would heat up. So far nothing. We marked the calendar last year nov 13th for seeing bucks wandering during the day.  looking like that date may be pretty close here again this year. 

Activity picking up today in 3N. Early morning had a large racked buck tailing a doe. Not chasing but definitely seeking phase. Saw 5 more bucks searching. Wind didnt seem to bother them. Matter of fact it seemed they were traveling mostly with the wind at their backs. Also saw 6 doe. One of the best days ive had in woods in years. Just hope it continues.

• Like 1

Rut is starting here I think. Awesome morning. Had a doe come in, look around and then ran back out in the field with 11 other does. Had a 4 pt hang out under my stand and as this is happening there is crashing in the thick bedding area and a big 8 comes out but turns and heads a different way the last second. Me and the 4 pt watched silently. LOL. My buddy was sitting a 5 minute walk away and saw a monster 140" 10pt running some does and 3 other shooter 8's. Awesome morning. Can't wait for tomorrow.

Activity picking up today in 3N. Early morning had a large racked buck tailing a doe. Not chasing but definitely seeking phase. Saw 5 more bucks searching. Wind didnt seem to bother them. Matter of fact it seemed they were traveling mostly with the wind at their backs. Also saw 6 doe. One of the best days ive had in woods in years. Just hope it continues.

Awesome. What town?